Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Default Re: I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by April.nettles17 View Post
...I believe the hardware was failing. We were experiencing static by just turning the volume knob...
Giving us the requested screenshots asked for previously would've helped with a more accurate assessment to confirm that or not, as many of us believe it's potentially something else. A static volume knob is more of an indicator of a dirty potentiometer that just needs to be cleaned.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Default Re: I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW!!! Just started happening... please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popajoe View Post
something is not right here there should be 16 24 32 before 64-----

some pc diver are may not working correctly check control plane device manager
for yellowfags.
Nothing is necessarily wrong there. You are not helping here.
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nothing is necessarily wrong there. You are not helping here.
this is call Trashing !this does means a driver is not working in FL they are there now. now that it fix whit mbox 2 driver install .thanks April for that the sorry was for you only. will try if come up here!

Last edited by popajoe; 11-03-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:03 PM

What language are you trying to post in?

Your posts are nearly unintelligible, have just awful grammar, and many words bizarrely misspelled, and are just cluttering up DUC with stuff nobody can really follow or use.

If English is not your first language, please have somebody who can write fluent English sit down with you and go over these posts to help you with basic English grammar.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 AM

I didn't keep posting screen shots of pro tools cause Once I figured out the issue wasn't just unique to pro tools daw I stopped focusing on just that DAW and opened my mind to consider its possibly the hardware itself. The drivers installed or my computer... As being faulty. This forum already said an installation of pro tools shouldnt affect the mbox hardware working correctly in other programs and I was having the same issue across every recording application. My mics and cables are confirmed working fine with a different interface, so those got ruled out.

Last edited by April.nettles17; 11-03-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:40 AM

We also tried another mbox, this time a Mbox2 mini. Everything worked fine. We just found out that our mbox3mini is finally dead. We don't get any sound coming out. We did get output from the monitors now we don't even get that. So guys how much does it cost to have one of these serviced or should we just invest in a new one?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:24 AM

Default I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW

If it was under warranty it would be worth contacting Avid, but not worth you paying hundreds of dollars to get it repaired, just buy a used one if you want another... But there are a wide range of more capable and much better supported interfaces available from other vendors (e.g. focusright).
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If it was under warranty it would be worth contacting Avid, but not worth you paying hundreds of dollars to get it repaired, just buy a used one if you want another... But there are a wide range of more capable and much better supported interfaces available from other vendors (e.g. focusright).
Thank you... You always respond right away..