Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Structure stopped recieving midi?

need help,
i used structure for about 6 month on a intel mac based pro tools 7.4LE with the 003 Rack. I played it on a NORD keyboard that acted as a MIDI controller. Used a conventional midi cable to plug in in the back of 003.

Now the keyboard FIRST WORKS in structure and then all i get is:

- my MIDI out green lights on the 003 acting crazy
- crackling in the monitors
- no signal or proof of Midi coming through anymore inside of Structure

The funny thing is that STRIKE still works perfectly so i can close out a problem in the 003 or Pro tools!

How or where can i get into this problem inside Structure and fix this problem?

I already reinstalled and updated to a fresh version 1.01.5316

Please help
Digidesign Structure, Strike
AKAI MPD32
M-Audio Axiom 49
NORD Lead 3 Syntheziser
Old 09-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Structure stopped recieving midi?

Try this:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:02 PM

Hi ADMIN! wow, thx for the quick response.

It did not solve the problem. Figured out where the problem is...
Structure and Strike wont work together in two instrument Tracks.
I opened a new session to do a test and here is what happens:

- i opened the first stereo instrument Track and loaded structure
....it works perfectly!

- i opened the second instrument Track and before i even loaded Strike, the M-Audio axiom 49 lost the connection to pro tools.
It seems like pro tools set the next instrument track as the priority and shut down the first one! Even if i now delete the new
opened channel, the first one wont receive my Midi from the Axiom Controller anymore

I am using an "M-Audio Axiom Controller" which is USB Midi and i cant influence which midi channel it should send
and "Strike" wont even give me the ability like "Structure" to change the incoming midi channel....

I also have a Akai MPD32 which was NOT hooked up for the above mentioned test but if there is a way to make it work only
for Strike and the Keyboard only for Structure that would be phenomenal! Where could i set that up?

I'm in a very begginers stage on MIDI and especially at USB Midi where there is no rules and every Controller always sends
all channels and i feel like i have no control over my rig

Thanks again for your time :)
Digidesign Structure, Strike
AKAI MPD32
M-Audio Axiom 49
NORD Lead 3 Syntheziser
Old 08-17-2013, 02:56 PM

Hey Dreadnought, thanks for the post! I couldn't get Axiom to control Structure Free b/c I was trying to install it in a pre-existing session with other tracks and plugins already in use. Started a fresh session and track and it worked, thanks again!

Now I just have to figure out how to upload samples beats from EZ Drummer...
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
- i opened the first stereo instrument Track and loaded structure
....it works perfectly!

- i opened the second instrument Track and before i even loaded Strike, the M-Audio axiom 49 lost the connection to pro tools.
It seems like pro tools set the next instrument track as the priority and shut down the first one! Even if i now delete the new
opened channel, the first one wont receive my Midi from the Axiom Controller anymore

I am using an "M-Audio Axiom Controller" which is USB Midi and i cant influence which midi channel it should send
and "Strike" wont even give me the ability like "Structure" to change the incoming midi channel....

I also have a Akai MPD32 which was NOT hooked up for the above mentioned test but if there is a way to make it work only
for Strike and the Keyboard only for Structure that would be phenomenal! Where could i set that up?
:)
I see this is an older post but you seem to have the exact issue as me, except I'm using V-Drums to trigger BFD2 and an M-Audio Keystation 49e to trigger DB-33. Both the V-Drums(TD-15KV) and the Keystation are hooked up to the Mac via USB 2. Each VI is on it's own Instrument track. I'm getting the same behavior as yourself.

Did you ever find out what was wrong?

My set-up: Pro Tools HD4 Accel, Mac Dual 2Ghz G5 PPC, Magma 7-slot Exp Chassis, Pro Tools HD 8.0, Mac OS 10.5.8, 6GB of RAM, SNS Fibre Channel drives