Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-19-2009, 02:14 AM

Default GRM tools automation bug?

Hi all,

Anyone having problems automating parameters in GRM tools Shuffler? Wanted to automate the fragment and delay parameters at once whilst using the 2-D potentiometer (i know this can't be directly automated though). So went to ctrl+option+cmd click the fragment parameter and i get a main thread error - Protools crashes and have to restart, trash prefs etc. Its repeatable for delay too BUT I can go into the 'auto' menu and manually select these parameters for automation - record a pass and its fine

Anyone else finding this? Have sent same info to GRM tools support too. Running a Harpertown 8 core Mac Pro, 8GB RAM, PT's HD 8.01, HD2, Mac OS 10.5.8, GRM tools Classic RTAS bundle v.2.0
Thanks
D
Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 AM

Default Re: GRM tools automation bug?

I've had a few weird automation issues, mainly with GRM Doppler and FreqShift. Neither crashes ProTools though- I just get that the plug-in won't be changeable at all until I reboot. Will let you know if I have a similar problem to you

James
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks James - about to do a whole lot of vehicle scenes with lots of Doppler so i hope its in the mood to behave!
D
Old 11-19-2009, 06:49 AM

Create snapshots, then automate only the superslider, and things should go more smoothly.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:46 AM

Cheers for the tip Reichman - so that is where the superslider shines! Only had the plugins awhile so haven't had huge use for it so far
D
Old 11-19-2009, 01:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Here's a tip about automating the 2 D Controller in GRM Tools. The 2 D Controller in GRM Tools plug-ins, controls different parameters in each of the plug-ins. You can tell which ones are being controlled by looking at the sliders and numerical values that are being changed by the 2 D Controller. In the Doppler plug-in for example, it's the X and Y positions. If you select those parameters for recording automation, you'll see the 2 D Controller become activated to record the automation you perform.

We're also about to post a video on automating GRM Tools using the Band Pass plug-in as an example and it addresses automation of the 2 D Controller.
You can check for that at http://www.grmtools.org

Please be sure to report any bugs or support quesions here: http://www.grmtools.org/supportregma...ilsupport.html

We'll do whatever we can to help.

Thanks,

GRM Tools support
Old 10-08-2014, 08:21 AM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=359347

The problems mentioned in the first post still happen 2014 on
Win7 Pro , PT 11.2.1HD , GRM Tools 3.5.2 when the plugin parameters are automation enabled !
Without being enabled : no crash/quit.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060