Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2018, 10:04 PM

Default How good are Massey Plugins really?!

????

What on Earth have I done now?

OMG man. I can’t win. Please point out exactly where I’m ‘riding’ you? I just agreed with you above.

I’m sorry man, but something is definitely up with you. I just have no words.

I’m bowing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2018, 10:13 PM

Default Re: How good are Massey Plugins really?!

If I may be a neutral 3rd party here, I did not read anything at all snarky in the above posts. While it's obvious there are some raw feelings about some other incident, I would politely suggest that this thread here be laid to rest. No other sentiments of any sort need be made.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-26-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
If I may be a neutral 3rd party here, I did not read anything at all snarky in the above posts. While it's obvious there are some raw feelings about some other incident, I would politely suggest that this thread here be laid to rest. No other sentiments of any sort need be made.

Exactly!!

I have absolutely no idea why he’s getting all worked up?

He did the same in another thread then deleted it and changed it to an apology. I didn’t post anymore in that thread as apology or no apology, I don’t appreciate being spoken to like that, so I just left it.

I have no idea what is going on. Honestly...

Old 02-27-2018, 06:34 AM

I use the 2007 as my go to limiter today, as well as the day it was released.

I have Nugen, AVID, UAD, Waves ... bla bla ... whatever ...

I prefer the 2007.

Wish Massey would be back.
Like him.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Exactly!!

I have absolutely no idea why he’s getting all worked up?

He did the same in another thread then deleted it and changed it to an apology. I didn’t post anymore in that thread as apology or no apology, I don’t appreciate being spoken to like that, so I just left it.

I have no idea what is going on. Honestly...

an apology like THAT, wasn't good enough for you?

Regardless, you didn't really do anything wrong here, the mod is right.. it's just a pattern I am following that 5 members in particular, whether politely or not, seem to constantly "correct" me like I am dumb.
It's always you 5, and even the 4 others I have muted do it *still*, i know this as very rarely i click on their posts to see them, as they are right underneath mine. Yours is nothing in comparison.
and i wouldn't have said a thing or even been slightly bothered had it not been an "overall" buildup..

I have musicman literally telling me i am dumb and stupid, and the moderators never delete the posts, or that I am on mushrooms (never done a single illegal drug in my entire life) etc. I am just over it, and your very, very mild correction just rubbed me the wrong way. It was like, "even that, i have to be corrected on".

there is nothing going on, other than a concerted targeted effort to start trouble here against me, which all started with Ramm being condescending (so much that i got a private message from a total stranger here who i didn't know, apologising for him), and guitardom when i started a legitimate topic asking a question, and his answer was that i was asking about something and came across as someone who was talking about stuff way above his paygrade.. literally his words.. and since then i never really recovered cause the mods just don't interject. Instead, the mods deleted my entire DSP topic rather than lock it, but luckily i took screengrabs of every single page.

So it's just a general annoyance of things i say being scrutinised.. when it's very simple. whenever i am wrong, i own my mistake, and with tech info, it has been very rare thus far. Cause i am actually smart, and these guys know it and are purposely picking a fight.. i don't think they like someone else coming in with a brain, as they want to be "top dogs".

So no Sardi, you really didn't do anything, it's just a general uncomfortable feeling here.. and the right thing I have to do is start an official support ticket with Avid and try get something done about it, that's the only way.

I will make it simple, cause it seems we don't get along, with no hard feelings I will mute you and i won't see it any more, cause i am being triggered by far less than I should be.. i ADMIT that.

peace to you.

PS, i believe in free speech and all that, but what bothers me is that the same people who fight against free speech (i.e "liberals") are the ones being nasty, and i can't handle the hypocrisy. If i was allowed to say whatever i wanted in return, i would be perfectly ok with it. But it seems as soon as I do, topics get locked or deleted. Of course, the long time members with thousands more posts are being protected by certain mods. Hopefully Avid will get to the bottom of it, but those individuals really even made me rethink using pro tools at all.

The fact that one of the best gurus in the entire industry, who is so well known, *refuses* to come here because of the same thing.. says a lot to me too. As soon as i said the words, "I am having a **** time at the DUC", he stopped me and went on a rant about the attitude of some people here and said, that's the DUC. I felt a bit vindicated then, as this user puts them all to shame combined in knowledge, but still, it's annoying. I guarantee you, if people had spoken to me the way i initially talked to them, with respect, NONE of this would have EVER happened. None.

The argument with you Sardi is the first one where I am in the complete wrong.. As i said it was a build up. no excuse but that's what it was.

Before that, you will not find ONE instance of me posting here, attacking someone or insulting them out of the blue for absolutely no reason.. Nor do i find past posts of people to try shame them, or anything like that. I even offered a truce if they would just leave me alone and mute me and i promised in return I wouldn't even speak their name ever again as long as I live.. Doesn't rejection of that offer prove i am right, that they like antagonising? Nope, they still quote me. It's like they are desperate for me to be wrong.. in fact, this is what i was told. they are literally desperate for me to make mistakes so they can pounce. Not you, again, just a buildup.

PPS Now, the final message to Sardi.. It shows Sardi can be triggered too, as what I said to HIM wasn't that bad either. And it DID get my goat up that i gave a sincere apology and it wasn't recognised *at all*. So yes, i admit i was holding a grudge. So if i can have Sardi not accept an apology over something, maybe you need to practise what you preach mate, and not get so triggered over words

Last edited by TNM; 02-27-2018 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added pps only
Old 02-28-2018, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
The fact that one of the best gurus in the entire industry, who is so well known, *refuses* to come here because of the same thing.. says a lot to me too. As soon as i said the words, "I am having a **** time at the DUC", he stopped me and went on a rant about the attitude of some people here and said, that's the DUC.
Might I suggest that you NEVER go to gearslutz.com then!!

This place is downright civil in comparison.

GS is a petri dish for jack*sses and the Dunning Kruger effect.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Might I suggest that you NEVER go to gearslutz.com then!!

This place is downright civil in comparison.

GS is a petri dish for jack*sses and the Dunning Kruger effect.
barely have an issue at gearslutz.. only with a couple of members from here, go figure, and moderation is spot on every single time. It never escalates.

Sorry, i am very happy there, but the pro tools discussion, the majority of it, is here.. and i use pro tools.

:)

There is no WAY someone accusing someone of being high on drugs or other insults heaved at me, would have lasted 8 hrs once reported at gearslutz. All personal attacks are removed.

And as i admitted, i am wrong in this situation with Sardi.. I am owning my mistake but just trying to explain why at least, i may have overreacted.. the build up of it all.

Again i apologize and to others reading also.