Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Default Avid account login gone - how to access past product registrations???

I can't log into my Avid account, and can't reset my password using any email address I have (site says the email address isn't found - tried two different browsers, and every email address I have).
I did create a master account, which then requires linking our other accounts, but that requires logging into those accounts, and that also failed (also no email addresses found to reset the password).

Does anyone know how to contact Avid to resolve this? I obviously can't buy a support code without and account, and not interested in paying for support for this kind of issue anyway.

Did Avid happen to have lost some accounts during the master account change-over? I can't think of another explanation. I have registered products through the store/download account system, and know it was there a couple of months ago.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Avid account login gone

DTS - any ideas? Web support said they would look into it but hasn't replied, or responded to my last email query.

More than a little disconcerting to find that we have no option but to pay Avid to look into why they lose our accounts and registrations.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Avid

No accounts lost that we're aware of.

You don't need an account to purchase an Avid Support Code (if you need assisted support with an Avid product).

There is an Avid Account with your name and an AOL address created back in 2002. Does that ring a bell?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:56 PM

Thank you for the reply DigiCS -

I never had an aol email address and was first registered last fall - 2010.

I am in contact with someone from web support (MA office I think), unless you are the person I'm emailing with. I assume you are different support departments though - hoping one or the other can find it, esp. if my account was hacked.

Email or pm me if necessary - might be easier than keeping this in a public thread here.