Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2009, 05:32 AM

Default A new one - "Error 3"

Never seen this before - Error 3 - seems to be killing the longer audio tracks within sessions. MIDI is working fine, so too shorter 4/8 bar audio loops.

No updates/upgrades/routine changes on my computer, it just randomly appeared on PT startup (not session startup) the last two times. I just deleted Digi Databases of all my drives - no change.

Running PT 8 cs2 (I believe), OSX 10.5.6. Plugins up-to-date as the platform, system has ran fine since PT8 install. The latest install was Waves Renn Maxx two weeks ago, but no glitches there.

Haven't had a problem since upgrding to PT 8, not sure what it could be. Suggestions?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:37 AM

Default Re: A new one - "Error 3"

Actually - one change from the routine was working out how to use elastic audio last night.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 AM

Upgrading to cs3 made no diff either.

Seems you can see the signal visually, all aux sends/returns are correct - apart from random low level white noise in the background, there's no signal.

Opened 5 projects - all the same. Some files work, some don't.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Avid

Is this an error in Pro Tools or an OS error? Can you give us the exact text of the error and details about your system?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 PM

It's a PT error - it's happening every time you launch PT. Session openings aren't prompting the error.

The exact error details are as stated - it just says in a dialog box: Error 3.

No more details forthcoming, that's all it says.

My system: iMac, C2D 2.33 CPU, 4G RAM, record to Glyph ext HD via FW 400, Digi 003 Rack. OSX has now been upgraded to 10.5.7 (as of last night), this made no difference to the error. Heaps of plugins, but all qualified, version correct for my system, and they're all genuine (not cracks). PT 8.0cs3 now too.

My theory as of this point is that it's something to do with the external Glyph drive - all my Mac HD based VI's and sample/loop library are loading into sessions, seemingly not from the external drive though (although correct levels are registering). Within workspace view all drives are displaying the info you'd expect - R's all the way.