Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 AM

Default plug in advice anyone?

hello all. i went ahead and purchased the new 8 core mac, for my digi 003 rack. i spent the entire day trying to trouble shoot, update, re-authorize and so forth. so far, no serious problems. but i did notice that my structure free no longer functions as it used to. before there was a neat drop down menu that gave quick start samples and all that. now it says that i have no samples, yet i re-installed it, and double checked and made sure i have all the samples with it. yet, it seems like it is more trouble trying to figure out how to put in the samples than it is worth. anybody have the same problems? i tried doing a search and could not find anything mentioning this. if i missed it, can someone please redirect me to the link? also, weird enough i downloaded all these free ik multi media plug ins, and if i adjust the SVT EQ while the music is playing, it stops and tells me that i need to increase the HW buffer size, which is already maxed out. strange, i thought that if i spend an ass load of cash on a strong powerful computer, that these would no longer be issues. i'm interested to see how it will perform with a movie file and reason all at once. if i get the same interruptions, then i know i've been duped.

this is my set up:

mac pro 2 processor quad core intel xeon, 2.8 Ghz with 2 GB memory, PT LE 7.4.2prx92, with the production toolkit on a digi 003.

i believe i updated most of my plug ins and checked out all the updates and stuff, but perhaps i am overwhelmed and not seeing all that i need to. thank you very much-----john