Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Aspiring producer needs help

ok, Im just a kid from Califonria, and after dabbling around with different programs (Adobe Adition, garageband, ect.) I've really found a love in recording/producing tracks. ive been doing a little bit of research so far about pro-tools and was wondering what you guys thought about the conclusion I've come to. Keep in mind that I know very little of what I'm talking about, all I do know is that I want to get deeper into this world. I was thinking about getting the Delta 66 PCI interface and Pro-Tools M-Powered Software. What I need is the ability to record multiple tracks at the same time (jam sessions) and I Know 6 inputs would suffice ( 2 guitars and a bass)
does all this sound good?
also what are the requiments for the computer? besides ram and processor speed what else do I need?
I want to make sure that if I go out and by the delta 66 and the software that everythign will work smoothly. I dont want to go out and by things, and have them not be able to do what I want them too...
I don't understand much of the lingo.

I realize I may be asking a very stupid question, or asking a question in the wrong place, if I am in the wroong palce please dirrect me to the right place.

thank you for your time
-Ian