Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Default How can i hear my music from like itunes?

Hello,

I am trying to listen to my music and i don't want to unplug the speakers that is in my mbox everytime i want to hear something. Can i just reroute my computer to listen everything i don't always have to be in pro tools to be able to hear music from my itunes?

Thanks,

ProTools Newbie
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: How can i hear my music from like itunes?

Look for the MME helper for most of your other applications...I think it's on the Digi downloads page, and you can add appropriate programs to the "opt in" list. However, there's a "known issue" between Digi hardware and I-tunes. Anybody heard if a fix is even under consideration???? They do NOT play well together.....
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 AM

Can you link to as where you found this option?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 03:04 AM

This is a big problem on the WinXP platform, so how about a comment from Digi about a more permanent fix? (Wouldn´t a two-way connection with WinXP via ASIO like in the ol´ Digi001-days fix the problem?)

How do you f.x. get sound on Digi´s own instructional videos?

Perhaps we should help eachother as well and put together a list where you find the file to place in the MME-helper... - I can´t get any sound out of My Space and in to Band-in-a-Box!
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-31-2007, 08:54 PM

Try this:

http://www.railjonrogut.com/DigiMMEHelper.zip
Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 PM

BTW, the MME helper STILL won't let you hear your I-tunes......
Old 07-31-2007, 11:13 PM

Well that sucks that is the only thing i want it to use it for. I tried it and didn't work for me. Is there anything else? I mean digidesign hasn't come out where you can hear it through the mbox. Kinda of weird.

KashMoney
Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Only thing that worked for me was to use another computer for I-tunes and Web and e-mail. It's a pain, 'cause it USED to work a few versions ago......would that negate the term UPgrade???
BTW, you did add I-tunes to your "opt in" list, right? Of course, even at that, all you get is audio that skips like crazy.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: How can i hear my music from like itunes? *DELETED*

Post deleted by sw rec
Old 08-01-2007, 04:15 PM

iTunes is a known problem for the wav driver. It seemed to happen with a recent update to itunes and/or quicktime. Digidesign provides the wave drive as a courtesy to allow other computer audio sources to play through their hardware interfaces. The initial design of the interface is for digital audio recording and mixing with Protools only. there is not gurantee that any other audio application will work with the digidesign interfaces using the wav driver. Likewise, the ASIO driver is provided as a courtesy to allow other software that follows the ASIO specification to be able to record and playback trhought the Digidesign interfaces. Again no gurantees. I'm hopeful that Digidesign has the bandwidth to update the free wave driver and or the ASIO driver for some of the more popular audio programs like iTunes etc. To be honest, I'd prefer them to focus their efforts on the code base to support newer technologies and Vista for now.

I keeping with the spirit of using the Digidesign interfaces only for what they were designed for, I'd leave Protools and the interfaces alone to do what they are best at. iTunes and other audio programs like games and internet explorer can be used with any consummer sound card or even the built-in audio hardware in many motherboards. There is a chance of a conflict but it is usually cheaper than another computer for iTunes than the one for Protools. You can use an aux in or something like the Presonus Central station or the Mackie Big Knob to route the audio from the sound card to your studio monitors.
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
MacOS 10.15.7 running Protools 2020.12