Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-30-2018, 03:07 AM

Default Charged for something I did not buy

Hi Jeffro (or someone else)
I have a case open nr: 03472332 but after 3 weeks still no solution.
They don't answer my questions.
I discovered a few weeks ago that there were 5 Complete Plugin bundles added to our account under products not yet downloaded. Thought it was something that was now included in our plans. Have 1 PT Ultimate and 3 PT + 21 Sibelius Ultimate. So I activated one of them (figured at least one was for our PT Ultimate) and now we are being charged monthly 250 SEK. The answer I get from support is that it's something I bought from a reseller and they want me to show a receipt. I don't have any because I did not buy anything.
It must be some kind of mixup of system id or something similar.
I have no idea why the 5 Complete plugin bundles were added to the account. I did not buy anything, online or from any reseller and I want it removed and the money charged being paid back. How is all this even possible? Also, no warning when I activated one of them that "you are now going to be charged…"

Jesper
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Charged for something I did not buy

Checked your case and it shows this is not a charge from Avid. The Complete Plug-in Bundles are annual subscriptions provided at no cost since you had Plug-In and Support Plans that were active when that product was discontinued. Your case has additional activity since this thread was started.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 AM

Thanks, Jeffro, but in my account, it says our card is billed for 1 subscription, and our card was charged 250 SEK last month.
I did not buy that subscription. I might have activated one of the plugin bundles under products not yet downloaded because I assumed it was included in our Ultimate plan. Then we got charged for it. Can you please remove all the complete plugin bundles except the one that is included with Ultimate, that's already on our Studio Alpha iLok. If Avid adds stuff to the account you assume it's included. Now there is one on our iLok account that's not on any iLok dongle. Don't want it. I have a case open, and for 4 weeks I keep getting the same response, that I bought it from a reseller. I did not buy anything.
Avid charged our card for a subscription. Spent several hours back and forth with the support case. People don't answer my questions or try to solve it. The support sucks.

Jesper
Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Avid

Hello Jesper, There are no subscriptions under your Avid Account, there's only a Perpetual Product (Pro Tools) under your my.avid.com/products#Myproducts

You might need to contact your bank with the 250SEK charge, it is not under any avid account. All plugins under your account are free and included with your perpetual purchase (non expiring license). You should not be charged when the plugins are activated. The webstore team will be in touch with you for further info.

Thanks
-Tope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesele View Post
Thanks, Jeffro, but in my account, it says our card is billed for 1 subscription, and our card was charged 250 SEK last month.
I did not buy that subscription. I might have activated one of the plugin bundles under products not yet downloaded because I assumed it was included in our Ultimate plan. Then we got charged for it. Can you please remove all the complete plugin bundles except the one that is included with Ultimate, that's already on our Studio Alpha iLok. If Avid adds stuff to the account you assume it's included. Now there is one on our iLok account that's not on any iLok dongle. Don't want it. I have a case open, and for 4 weeks I keep getting the same response, that I bought it from a reseller. I did not buy anything.
Avid charged our card for a subscription. Spent several hours back and forth with the support case. People don't answer my questions or try to solve it. The support sucks.

Jesper
Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM

Screenshot from MANAGE BILLING AND SHIPPING
It says the card is used for one subscription.
Also, on our bank statement, it says it's going to be charged monthly until Maj 2019
and the plugin bundle Plan expires on Apr 26, 2019 so seem to match.

Jesper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skärmavbild 2018-06-13 kl. 20.43.12.jpg (21.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jesele; 06-13-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:40 PM

Reviewed your account and case again and I don't see where you are being billed for anything. The amount also doesn't seem to match.

Your Upgrade Plan does have a credit card attached, but that would be an annual charge if you had auto-renew enabled (which you do not) and would be $99 (876.61 SEK).

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...ku=DYNAPA20005 shows the Complete Plug-In Bundle would be $4.99/mo (44.18 SEK) or $49.99/yr (442.64 SEK) so those also don't match the 250 SEK charge on your statement.

Your bank statement doesn't mention Avid. Can you please check with your bank again and respond to your support case if needed? Thanks.