Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-03-2017, 12:46 PM

Default Pro Tools Still Requests Authorization with Valid Working iLok

I searched the boards and the web for this problem. Seems like plenty of people have faced it, but I don't know how others fixed it.

I have duplicate rigs, each with their own iLok. I recently moved the rigs, and when setting them back up I'm now being asked to authorize PT9 on both. I've tried both computers swapping iLoks, which exhibit exactly the same bad behavior.

The iLok manager recognizes the iLoks and the authorizations, so all is in order in that department. Lights are on on the iLok. Tried with and without USB hub, in the front and back of the machine. I haven't upgraded PT or OS software in years, but have kept the iLok manager up to date. On encountering the problem I installed the very latest iLok manager software and refreshed the iLoks. No joy.

I thought perhaps it might not be recognizing the hardware interface, so I changed cables, still no joy. This feels like it's more of an error my end, rather than a PT or iLok issue, but searching the boards for others who might be having this problem revealed this exact problem, but with no resolution. I'll keep searching. I've written to iLok and will post if I find a solution, however embarrassing it may be.

Meanwhile, any thoughts, pointers, very welcome.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12.1.138 | Mac Studio M1 Max (64 GB) | Ventura 13.6.3 | Clarett+ 2Pre

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD6 PCIx | Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Magma PE6R4-I | 192 i/o |

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIe | MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Apogee Rosetta 200 | C|24