Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Increase Tempo

Hi Everyone,just joined the forum, so try show that i have made a good decision,

My first question, which i'm sure is very simple for you vintage pro-tools users.

1) How do you increase or decrease the audio speed on a recorded project, i am using 7.3 le with a Pc and a Digi 002. Not midi, audio.

2) I have a triton studio that i sequence a lot of tracks in. I usually, sync the triton to protools as the slave and everything is ok. But now my triton screen is not functioning properly, so i cannot get it to be a slave to pro-tools. So how can i set the triton to be the master and have it trigger of pro-tools to record everything in time.

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Paul
Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Increase Tempo

Quote:

1) How do you increase or decrease the audio speed on a recorded project, i am using 7.3 le with a Pc and a Digi 002. Not midi, audio.
I usually use Serato Pitch and Time. There is a digirack plug called time compression/expansion. that may work too, but its not as good. If your audio is looped, you may be able to use the tick based tracks and get it that way.
Quote:

2) I have a triton studio that i sequence a lot of tracks in. I usually, sync the triton to protools as the slave and everything is ok. But now my triton screen is not functioning properly, so i cannot get it to be a slave to pro-tools. So how can i set the triton to be the master and have it trigger of pro-tools to record everything in time.
You'll have to put Pro Tools online so it generates time code. Hold option and press the space bar. Then play and record as normal.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 PM

Time stretching an entire project my not get you very good result... The stretcher in PT 7.3.x is good, but you might not get the desired results anyway. The best I've ever tried is Prosoniq TimeFactory 2 but it's a standalone app.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Time stretching an entire project my not get you very good result... The stretcher in PT 7.3.x is good, but you might not get the desired results anyway. The best I've ever tried is Prosoniq TimeFactory 2 but it's a standalone app.
better than SERATO? (he asked, curiously...)
Old 05-12-2007, 12:33 AM

I haven't kept up to date with Serato for a year or so... But probably
Soundwise there were no problems stretching entire mixes.

I have a review of TimeFactory2 here explaining some tests. It's mostly compared to the latest Digi stretcher (which I, for the record, use A LOT) but hopefully can be an interesting read anyway.

AND, Prosoniq seems to update whatever I complain about, that's a huge + of course