Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2016, 07:39 PM

Default Faders off Eucon command not working

Like it says, created both a surface button and touchscreen button with E\Global Eucon command 'faders off' and niether turns them off. The light on the button goes out while you hold it dow or your finger is on it on the touch screen, but the faders keep moving. Even holding the button down continously while playing back doesn't stop the faders moving.
Has anyone gotten it to work?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Faders off Eucon command not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Has anyone gotten it to work?
What DAW are you using?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:08 PM

Hi, Pro Tools 12.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Hi, Pro Tools 12.
Thanks
Sorry for the Delay! I use Cubase 8.5.20, and not Pro Tools, so I cannot confirm for you!

But I can say that I have not been able to get it to work in Cubase either!

IMHO, to make such a useful function reliant on the third party implementation of EuCon Adapters is a step backward!

The reasoning behind the decision to go this route (To be able to use the Shift + Solo simultaneously) doesn't even make sense to me, or at least I have not yet been able find out why!

If any one can offer why Shift + Solo would be useful... especially at the expense of the "Faders Off" function... please enlighten me?

I realize that AVID says the "Faders Off" functionality is still there via a EuCon Command...but, AVID have stopped short of hard wiring the implementation of the function into the units themselves!

This has removed for everyone who owns / uses these devices, what I consider to be very, very useful functionality, and unnecessarily forces other DAW manufacturers to rewrite their EuCon Adapters just to implement a function that was already there!

The irony here is that it seems to not work for Pro Tools users either...

AL

Last edited by MoPro; 07-24-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:39 PM

Yeah , I work in post and do a loooot of automation. It sounds like an ice skating rink in here now..