Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2021, 03:58 PM

Default Play & Record vs Pause

Even after all tracks are stopped when I hit play or record I get a paused message at the bottom right of the screen and it won't start. I usually have to hit a key 2 or 3 times before it starts playing or recording. It's a bit frustrating. Is this behavior adjustable somewhere? This is most noticeable when I using the 3 number key to record and just want to retake what I just did. But the "zero" num key and spacebar do the same thing.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Play & Record vs Pause

System info please? Also check if you have anything other than zeroes in pre/post roll.

QAPLA!
Old 01-26-2021, 07:04 AM

Windows 10 i7 64g - Latest Pro Tools - Tons of plugins (though leaning a lot on Waves CLA stuff lately...easy and clean). 4 monitors one OLED, two LCD and a touchscreen MTi2. Dual video cards (one to a 4 way splitter). One Avid Keyboard & two Logitech. Antelope Studio Zen, Older Presonus Studio and Blue tube. Assorted Mics...one of favor right now Mojave Audio MP Tube. LA610.

As a side q since I'm sure I'm supposed to post this...I have other programs that post to groups, specifically Homeseer HS4 for home automation that have a menu options that collects and allow you to copy everything relevant about the current system. I don't suppose there's anything like that for Pro Tools? That's really handy when required.

The only thing in the pre post area was fade in...was at at a decimal value. I set that to zero. I will test that tonight.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1234 View Post
Windows 10 i7 64g - Latest Pro Tools - Tons of plugins (though leaning a lot on Waves CLA stuff lately...easy and clean). 4 monitors one OLED, two LCD and a touchscreen MTi2. Dual video cards (one to a 4 way splitter). One Avid Keyboard & two Logitech. Antelope Studio Zen, Older Presonus Studio and Blue tube. Assorted Mics...one of favor right now Mojave Audio MP Tube. LA610.

As a side q since I'm sure I'm supposed to post this...I have other programs that post to groups, specifically Homeseer HS4 for home automation that have a menu options that collects and allow you to copy everything relevant about the current system. I don't suppose there's anything like that for Pro Tools? That's really handy when required.

The only thing in the pre post area was fade in...was at at a decimal value. I set that to zero. I will test that tonight.
I'm not sure what you mean with your side question. Are you saying you have a program that gathers your system info so you can post it in a thread? Nothing like that here. What you can do is to put your system info on your profile page with a line in your sig file indicating that your system info is there. I went a step further and made that line in my sig file a hyperlink so all one has to do is to click on it.

As to the original problem I mentioned what I did because it happened to me and I found out that somehow there was a non-zero value in the pre-roll window. Cleared that and no problem. There is another possibility that some have had an issue with is what's called the play/pause issue. A search in duckduckgo (I don't use Google any more) turned up a few entries with one of them being this thread over at Gearslutz https://www.gearslutz.com/board/avid...ause-mode.html

Something else that sometimes helps with PT weirdness is to trash PT preferences. Since you're on Windows you want the free utility called Trasher which is written by one of the users here who goes by the handle guitardom

QAPLA!