Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 01-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Avid

Default Re: Question re MTRX digital insert point

The point being, if you were expecting, and therefore assigning in the IO setup of Pro Tools an output feed to the Bricasti using 15-16, it’s never going to get there based on your screen grab.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-27-2020, 05:24 PM

I guess I'm just not understanding the routing protocols here; are you saying I should keep the routing to 7 & 8, same as the physical routing? I tried that but it didn't work (could be a clocking issue coming into play too). Thanks.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Avid

According to your shared screen grabs...

Out of Pro Tools outs 7-8 which is feeding AES snake #2 channels 15-16.

Into Pro Tools on inputs 15-16 which is coming from AES snake #1 channels 7-8.

Is this what you intended to do?

Jeff

MTRX FAQ
Old 01-27-2020, 05:57 PM

Okay, I just switched the routing to match the AES physical routing and now it works. I had already done this at the start of all this, so not sure why it's working now, perhaps a clocking issue resolved.

Last question is, I take it analog channels 7 & 8 will no longer be available, as I'm using digital 7 & 8. AES input usage takes away from analog inputs?

Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 01-27-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:29 PM

I don't use MTRX I have an OMNI HD I/O

I am doing the same thing running My Bricasti via AES
With mine the answer is no it does not "take away" from the analog channels, Omni only has 4, but does subtract from the total I/O available, 8 in 10 out, so physically it is routed in 5-6 in the I/O matrix but (shows as AES 1-2 ) As you see Analog 1 through 4 are still available . Here is a screen shot

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-28-2020, 01:00 PM
Avid

Regarding resources. With a MTRX connected fully to a HDN or HDX engine card, the user has 64 channels of IO to route to and from Pro Tools without adding additional DigiLink expansion cards.

A single MTRX unit supports up to 6 analog cards per unit. For example - 24 channels of analog IO using 3 AD and 3 DA cards. So, even with the factory DigiLink, users still have the ability to route more than 32 digital channels in and out. It should also be clarified that you the user determines the correlation between the IO resources in MTRX / DADMan and how those are served to Pro Tools via DigiLink using the routing interface in DADman. If you want to allocate the first 32 channels of IO coming from MTRX to Pro Tools as Dante, you can certainly do so. All of the populated flavors of analog and digital IO are available for custom user patching in or out of DigiLink connections to serve Pro Tools.

best,

Jeff

MTRX FAQ