Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-25-2018, 02:08 PM

Default Error When Creating New Session

I have PT 12.4. Everytime I create a new session a pop up window appears telling me that it can't save the new session (here's a link to the screen shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hAW...w?usp=drivesdk). Then, if I click on "Open Session" the folder is there with the name I gave it. Inside the folder is just the. ptx file, but with none of the folders, like the Audio Files one that the WAV files get saved, etc. When I double click the ptx file the session opens, i can resave and tbe folders appear.

I'm also having an issue with PT just randomly crashing. I keep forgeting to take a screenshot of that error meaaage, as well aa saving a log. However, that's another conversation when I have all the proper info.

Anyone got an idea of what the issue is here? Thanks.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Error When Creating New Session

Are you running a qualified OS for the version of Pro Tools that you're running?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Are you running a qualified OS for the version of Pro Tools that you're running?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. I'm running OS X 10.12.6 and I've never run into this problem in my many years with PT.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:40 PM

You know you could just Google for "Pro Tools database error 11" and find lots of past discussions on fixing this issue. You would also get faster help in future if you just titled the thread using the error you get instead of making us go looking at screenshots.

Like https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...-in-pro-tools/

If that does not fix it: what driver & file system are you recoding to? (double check all content is actually going to where you think it is).

If stuck on other problems run though standard troubleshooting (under "help us help you", top of each DUC web page) and describe all the things you try.