Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Default "Unable to Locate Hardware" error and iLok issue

Hello all - I have Pro Tools First and can't get it to initialize for some reason. I tried to search for the answer in the troubleshoot, but then got into another issue with the iLok. Both issues are described below:

1) Pro Tools First gives me the common error of "Unable to locate hardware". Since I am not well-versed in audio softwares, I am not sure what hardware the system is referring to. I tried to plug my Lexicon Omega just to see if this is what it refers to, but the error remains. In the troubleshoot someone mentioned something re the iLok, which leads me to the second problem.

2) Upon opening the iLok manager, I saw that Pro Tools First is not activated on my computer. So, I tried to activate it by clicking the "activate" button. The system then showed me a top box with "review licenses to be activated" that gives me the only option of Pro Tools First, and a bottom box with "select a location", that gives me no options, and therefore I cannot activate.

Are these two issues related? Would appreciate any leads and assistance regarding this.

Thank you!

Shy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-14-2018, 06:53 PM

Default Re: "Unable to Locate Hardware" error and iLok issue

Windows... so what audio interface hardware were you expecting to use? The Omega? Best interfaces to use are dedicated ASIO audio interfaces. Meaning not using them for system audio or other apps, and they have an ASIO driver (better than using ASIO4ALL to wrap a WDM driver-but that's a option if you really have to). Are there ASIO drivers available for your Lexicon Omega? Did you install them? Is it working from other applications?

If you have no idea what ASIO or other things mentioned are, you can Google ASIO to find out.

Edit: You don't need to do what you are trying to do. Just open Pro Tools First and log into your Avid account, it should drop an activation into your sytem...

If you are getting activation errors/warnings make sure its not complaining about plugins you have added.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:14 PM

Default Re: "Unable to Locate Hardware" error and iLok issue

Thanks so much for this reply! I downloaded the drivers for the Omega and the first problem got solved, so now I have access to Pro Tools First.

Thank you so much! Much appreciated!

Shy

EDIT: iLok problem got resolved as well due to this! Thanks a lot!