Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyguelz View Post
Most of us are still very wary of Avid for good reason how they have treated us and the Pro Tools brand... I am encouraged seeing the Eucon team continuing to post amid the unsettled eucon and pro tools users...

We're all super critical right now, but come through and prove over time to us you're committed to making Eucon/Pro Tools the best it can be and the user base will continue to be loyal to the brand. Avid has a long way to go in my opinion to right the ship's direction, not just for our sake and continued support, but for sake of not losing out on the new generations of DAW users that could further keep Pro Tools at top instead of feeling the neglect from hearing current users and starting out elsewhere.

I VERY much look forward to seeing progress and really hope better times are ahead.
Thanks for this post.
You make some really good points here, and they are well received.
We know we have ground to cover and trust to earn.

It's our intention to start with the Artist, S3, and Pro Tools | Control forums and your use of Ideascale, to make direct, incremental, and measurable progress together.

Your continued patience and participation is appreciated.

JC
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 PM

Thanks JC... I wish your team the best as you guys work hard to bring this to fruition and hope good things come from your efforts and will be an example for other departments at AVID to also push forward through the harsh criticism to win our confidence back in the brand.

When we're happy, we're going to naturally be your best marketing team by positive word of mouth. Pro Tools/AVID for too long recently has been the butt of jokes by other happy DAW users. Really hope everyone at AVID realizes this stark reality.

Help us stay on top in the DAW world, and when our gripes turn to smiles, and crashes into stabile productivity, others will take notice and the product will sell itself not on flashy cool sounding features that the board members like the idea of, but result in non helpful shaky software, but on proven reliability, slowly but surely bringing PT back into the modern world with long overdue matched competitor features and above all rock solid stability.

Keep pushing forward guys. We want you to succeed.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
They are competitive protocols, and you have just reinforced my point - unlike other connectivity protocols, EUCON is actively developed for features and bug fixes.

Expect fixes from this board and Ideascale coming quickly.
Some features/fixes are bigger than others, and require architectural changes and extensive testing cycles. We're a small team, but we're motivated.

JC
I not only reinforced your point but I probably even helped sell your product, a tiny bit.

But how can you compete with something that isn't even being written anymore? Apples to apples, man.

I can't wait to see the NEW stuff in the next changelog, not only fixes.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:42 AM

I hope to see VCA Spill On the Artist Series Controllers sooner than later!! Like someone else mentioned ths has been a request for years!!
It's pretty clear to me that AVID are putting their time and effort into the S6 and S3 While forsaking the Artist series...
"inevitably we will miss some things, and not everything everyone wants will make a release. The fact that the products do continue to work, 7 years after their introduction, and continue to be updated and improved, should be indicative of our commitment to these products and our user base."

I understand this comment but I also think it's a load of Hog Wash, Excuses don't absolve responsibility...very sad...if I made excuses like AVID does I'd be outta business...it's clear to me AVID's priority is to new product and share holder interest.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 08-20-2015, 04:01 AM

Quote:
It's not in beta. We can admittedly add a ton of features to the app. We released a small set of features with solid connectivity because we wanted you to tell us what you want.
I totally understand that it doesn't make sense to have a free iPad app that could do everything the AVID hardware does.

What I would like to see is a focus, to optimize the EuCon functions of the hardware and add features to the iPad app that would make use of the unique iPad options. (like multitouch for a surround panner etc)

in another thread you even mention integrating the Apple Watch!

... even thinking about that while there is a huge list of bugs and missing features for Artist Series and S3, and lots of angry users makes me just shake my head...

... "cool you could start recording with your iPad, your watch, 2 keys on the keyboard, a shortcut, a footswitch... so why do you always grab that mouse if you want to edit that plugin?"

... one of the top request on the Artist Ideascale is "Custom Plugin Mapping" - 4 Years old.

Quote:
Mackie Control
HUI
OSC
MIDI
Steinberg proprietary protocols

All competitive protocols.
yes, and except of HUI all are unsupported in ProTools...

and while for example Digital Performer can be controlled by HUI, MC, OSC, MIDI and EuCon. EuCon (on a S3) is a joke with DP...
Reaper 6.66, Fireface UCX

MacbookPro M1Pro PTHD2021.12 MacOS12.1
BlackmagicDesign UltraMonitor3G

MOTU 24Ao AppleTB3toTB2->AppleTB2->Ethernet->AVB
Old 08-21-2015, 11:35 AM

I just updated to 3.3. I'm running Nuendo 6.5 & 7. All I was hoping for was the simplest of all possible updates. I want the MC Control's Screen to update automatically to match the DAW/PC's Screen on track selection. How hard can that be?

As far as I'm concerned, if the scrren doesn't update to match the DAW, it might as well not be there at all. For all the time I've used this controller, I've turned it on and then just gone straight to the soft keys page, so I won't even be tempted to look at the MC for any track information! I was really hoping that 3.3 would finally offer that simple feature, thus making navigation on the mixer as fast as it could possibly be.

Having the jog wheel apply track scrolling function is very fast, and flat out necessary without the track screen update. But simply having the track screen update would make 2 way control between the DAW & the controller INSTANT!

I hate having to hit that up & down touch screen button (which never works properly, since the touch screen is so lame) just to access 8 more tracks on the mixer. If I'm on track 17 and need to get to track 76, I'll scroll there. But now if I need to jump to track 66, I don't want to look at the MC and have it still showing me the first 32 tracks! I'd like to be able to select track 66 right from the screen instantly.

This has also been a long requested feature. What's the hold up on that?!!?