Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2015, 05:53 PM

Default Icon type "Snapshots" on S3?

Is there a way to store a "Snapshot" (ie ALL levels/mutes/Plugin settings) and quickly recall? I see that Eucon has commands to recall snapins 1-48 but I don't see anywhere how to store settings into these snapshots.

I recall this was a function on the ICON control surface and wondered if there is a way to implement it on an S3?

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 08-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Avid

Default Re: Icon type "Snapshots" on S3?

No, not currently. But, this has been one of the top feature requests.

Thanks,
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-17-2015, 01:15 AM

Kyle, just out of curiosity... are the top feature request for the S3 available somewhere or what are they based on?
I thought Ideascale is the place to put in feature requests.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Kyle and I are really interested in getting things into the backlog for future releases. Here's how we'd like to use our community tools to achieve a closed loop:

1. Avid Pro Audio Community should be where we get it all out and talk about it. Everything. What you hate, what you love, and what you want. We will answer honestly for the design decisions we've made to any given point. We'll also chime in on your feature requests and ideas for Pro Tools | S3.

2. Ideascale should be where you post features you want implemented, and urge people to vote on them. We want you to have a say in what gets into our sprints for Pro Tools | S3, and EUCON. We want to do this, and use the Ideascale to bring a certain amount of these top voted features into releases. The amount we get into every release will vary depending on other EUCON support responsibilities, but we are going to make our best effort to prioritize these according to your wishes.

Software development has many unknowns, so it'll take time to get to where we need to be. Kyle and I have a lot to do, so we won't be on here every day.

We want to include you in our planning as much as possible, and provide a mechanism by which you can see our progress.

Fire away, post, and vote.

JC
I see other features on the top there... Not that I don't like to have snapshots....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by made
there are 19 ideas for improvements of the S3, (some very important in my opinion)
and 4 bug reports.

none of it in EuCon 3.3

or did I miss something?

We are just now getting to the point where we can plan for Ideascale bug improvements in our releases.

As I've stated on another thread, we won't get all of them at once, and how many we get each release depends on EUCON dev requirements for the greater product portfolio, but this will create better transparency between Avid product management and everyone here.

We did release VCA spill for S3 in 3.3.

JC
Reaper 6.66, Fireface UCX

MacbookPro M1Pro PTHD2021.12 MacOS12.1
BlackmagicDesign UltraMonitor3G

MOTU 24Ao AppleTB3toTB2->AppleTB2->Ethernet->AVB
Old 08-17-2015, 05:23 AM

Thanks for you quick responses Kyle (both here and other threads). I really appreciate someone from AVID keeping an eye on this (S3) forum.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 08-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by made View Post
Kyle, just out of curiosity... are the top feature request for the S3 available somewhere or what are they based on?
I thought Ideascale is the place to put in feature requests.

I see other features on the top there... Not that I don't like to have snapshots....
We source feature requests from beta, Ideascale, have quite a few sets of feet on the ground talking to customers, and we do get out of the building pretty often to visit studios ourselves!

This is exactly the kind of feature we hope will get to critical mass on Ideascale.

JC