Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2016, 07:56 PM

Default Re: 12.5 crashes - Sonnox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBOR View Post
I just installed 12.5 over 12.4 on my HDX system, in fact it's a new build, Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, ASUS-X99-E WS, 5960X, 64GB ram. I have a UAD Octo PCIe and quite a few UAD plugs installed also and that's it.

So after reading this thread, I installed Inflator HD, took a test session from PT10 with just a click track, and instantiated it on a new stereo audio track with no audio in it. Did a save copy to get a 12 versioned session. Closed the 10 session, no problems. Opened and closed the 12 session, no problems.

So, it must be more than just having a Sonnox plug in the session.
New instances of inflator give me different behavior and don't seem to be as problematic. My issue had to do with sessions created in earlier versions of PT12 with an instance of inflator already in the session. Also, not sure that it makes any difference, but I am running the native version of the plugin in PT HD.

I did create an Avid ticket just to make them aware. After all things had been working in 12.4. The support agent was able to recreate the issue with the PTX file I sent and confirmed that 12.4 was working on their end as well. The support agent confirmed the issue to be in the plugin code, but also stated that, at this point, it was unclear if the fix needed to come from Avid or Sonnox. My case was forwarded to engineering for further evaluation.

It's disappointing to see new issues pop up, but I have to give credit to the support plan. I've filed several claims through the ASC system for mostly minor issues and identified bugs. Responses have been fast and I've been very satisfied with resolutions.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:34 AM

Default Re: 12.5 crashes

Same here - PT 12.5 crashes as soon as I close a session or if I quit PT while a session is opened.
Will go back to 12.4 !
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 04-03-2016, 08:46 AM

Thanks for this post. I just bought a few Sonnox plugs yesterday.

Guess I'll hold off. Was looking forward to a test collaboration.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
Same here - PT 12.5 crashes as soon as I close a session or if I quit PT while a session is opened.
Will go back to 12.4 !
Same here..... PT12.4 is buggy as hell. But 12.5 is simply... unusable....
Come on AVID.....
Stop releasing fancy features and focus on making it stable a bug free (or at lest close to it.....).
It really doesn't matters how many features you put in it, if it crashes several times a day...
Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledu View Post
if it crashes several times a day...
I'm sure it won't crash several times a day on Avid's test grid so perhaps your system has something to do with it? I just recently discovered that I needed to trash my local project caches and after that everything was smooth sailing.

Avid always assumes you have a fresh OS to install PT and your plugins. You on the other hand install software over software (?) just like every other tom, dick and harry. I do that too, but once I encounter more trouble than usually, I just bite the bullet and create a fresh OS platform to start from.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I just installed 12.5 over 12.4 on my HDX system, in fact it's a new build, Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, ASUS-X99-E WS, 5960X, 64GB ram. I have a UAD Octo PCIe and quite a few UAD plugs installed also and that's it.

So after reading this thread, I installed Inflator HD, took a test session from PT10 with just a click track, and instantiated it on a new stereo audio track with no audio in it. Did a save copy to get a 12 versioned session. Closed the 10 session, no problems. Opened and closed the 12 session, no problems.

So, it must be more than just having a Sonnox plug in the session.

Are you saying you tested the UAD version of the inflator?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
Are you saying you tested the UAD version of the inflator?
No, I used the HD version from Sonnox (running on the HDX card).

I'm trying to get all my plugins installed on the new system so I can open my PT 11 sessions and see if there is any problems with them.

I see we have almost the exact same setup! Did you overclock your E5-1650?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 AM

Just got an email from Sonnox saying they are working with Avid to understand what's going on... fingers crossed
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
No, I used the HD version from Sonnox (running on the HDX card).

I'm trying to get all my plugins installed on the new system so I can open my PT 11 sessions and see if there is any problems with them.

I see we have almost the exact same setup! Did you overclock your E5-1650?

Yesterday, I loaded one of each DSP instance of inflator, limiter, transmod, and Envolution into one track and then loaded a second track with native versions closed and opened the session fine.

I too am having crashing issues with P12, that go back to 11.3.2. It has seems to have gotten better however it is still happening. No silver bullet. I was running 11.3.2 and the first versions of 12 on a different system that was rock solid until that time frame, W3680. I have not overclocked this chip. Just disabled the speedster/throttling functions in BIOS.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:05 AM

Received an email from Sonnox this morning. They are in communication attempting to debug with Avid per the Avid support case info that I forwarded them with Avid's permission. Now we wait for 12.5.1 or a Sonnox update.