How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Tried 11 would not load then it killed 10

Hi Everyone
I recently did the demo install of 11 on my system and it really did not boot correctly and would crash after a little time when it did No problem
I have 10.3.7 and it works so I will just use that well when I uninstalled 11 10 will not boot and give me a error which I have attached I even went back as far as 10.3.3 and it gave me the same error. My license check out with the iLok software and it is there and active. I think I need to do a clean install from 10.0 because it crashes when it looks for the Bomb Factory aax plugin.
I also attached a pic of what is getting installed and there must be something missing but what and where do I get it?.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Perry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT 10 crash.JPG (45.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pt110 install.jpg (13.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Tried 11 would not load then it killed 10

If you put the BF plug in the unused folder will 10 boot?

you may just need to put the 32 bit version back in the folder (I'm assuming that you have the 64 bit version installed)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Yes the 32 bit version is in the right folder but I did not think of that and I will check but the BF plugin is not being installed by any of the updaters
as well as a couple of other files like the DOI file which is why I am trying to get a copy of the first release 10.0 and do a complete install and upgrade path to 10.3.7 and hope that works but these files are not being installed and I bet that is why PT 10 crashes during the plugin load.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Audio Guy View Post
Yes the 32 bit version is in the right folder but I did not think of that and I will check but the BF plugin is not being installed by any of the updaters
as well as a couple of other files like the DOI file which is why I am trying to get a copy of the first release 10.0 and do a complete install and upgrade path to 10.3.7 and hope that works but these files are not being installed and I bet that is why PT 10 crashes during the plugin load.
I would not go back to pre 10.3.6. You likely have fragments of multiple installs laying around. Did you unisntall older versions of 10.x or earlier before doing new installs?

I would run the installer for the latest version of 10 you have installed. Then manually remove as much Pro Tools crap as you can. Then run the 10.3.6 full installer.

Doing the full install of those older versions and then a full uninstall might help clean out some crap but you can also just do that manually. At least trying to do that manually to start with will save time, and its just painful to be dign ful installs just to unisntall them.

Why don't you roll the whole system back to your last know working image backup? The one you made before upgrading things, (yes I know the likely answer).

Darryl
Old 09-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Yes you are correct about the rollback but I do have a clone of my os drive that was made a few weeks ago I was just getting ready to try that drive and just deal with all the plugin updates. Oh well. I did find the DIO and CORE AUDIO installers and they installed but cannot find the Bomb factory free that work with 10.3.7 which is what I am using and I only went back as far as 10.3.5 and now I am on 10.3.7 but no Party in Mudville yet.
I will look at the things you said I just would like to start working again.
Thanks
Perry
Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Well a New update
I am now getting another crash point this time with BF 2a and I have the classic compressor loaded.
Here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.3.7 crash.JPG (44.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Install 2.jpg (22.2 KB, 0 views)