Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Eleven Rack with HD issue

These is no way to be able to get to clock to 44.1 It stuck on 48K (there is No control of the clock and digital I/O setting when using it stand alone) so I get little clocking glitches with 44.1 sessions.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack with HD issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchwood Studios View Post
These is no way to be able to get to clock to 44.1 It stuck on 48K (there is No control of the clock and digital I/O setting when using it stand alone) so I get little clocking glitches with 44.1 sessions.
In PTHD, go to the Hardware Setup window. Select the 192 IO you are plugging it into. Click on the Digital Tab. Select "SR Conversion" for the input pair you are using. This will automatically upsample/downsample any incoming sampling rate to match your session sampling rate in realtime.

Obviously this is more of a workaround than a fix. But it might let you at least keep working in the meantime. Oh yeah, you have to make sure you plug into the digital "card" in the back of the 192 and not the enclosed digital ins off to the right on the back of the unit.

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page
Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 PM

I am not able to use my 192 Digital Card inputs as they are all used up so I am using the Digital Enclosure settings which has no real time sample rate convert.
Plus If I am using this with a non-protools setup in stand alone not being able change these basic settings is show stopper.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Greetings,
I posted the following in a thread on the Duc Guitar forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79
Not to hijack the thread but can you possibly post a comprehensive guide for using the 11Rack with the 002 and 003? Since we cant clock though AES.

I have not figured out how to get Eleven Rack to sync to an incoming AES signal... I figured I was doing something wrong or missing a setting (or had a bad cable, or any other number of things...). Is it actually not possible?

Right now it says "External Clock: Valid," but the clock source is Internal 48k. I have 11R set up with AES out into a 192 digital card and AES in from that same card - so it is a loop. But it doesn't appear to be getting sync... and I was getting a nasty scratchy noise (until I switched on SRC on a tip from this thread).

So, am I doing something wrong? Should I be able to get it to lock to incoming AES. Note... nothing is selectable in the Digital/Clock Input screen.

Thanks,
Jared
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 PM

Use the Prefs. pane The manual sure is sketchy on a few important details
Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Use the Prefs. pane The manual sure is sketchy on a few important details
I was confused on this... thought I would post so it was 100% clear to everyone. Setting the sync preferences is in a preference panel in "System Preferences" for the OS (where you would set your screen saver, mouse settings, boot drive, etc). Once you load the Eleven Rack software, you get a little preference icon in the "other" section at the bottom. This is NOT in Pro Tools.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_TL View Post
I was confused on this... thought I would post so it was 100% clear to everyone. Setting the sync preferences is in a preference panel in "System Preferences" for the OS (where you would set your screen saver, mouse settings, boot drive, etc). Once you load the Eleven Rack software, you get a little preference icon in the "other" section at the bottom. This is NOT in Pro Tools.
This seems to have totally omitted from the user manual