Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM

Default TL space overload

This was a new one for me:

I had session with three TL space instances (along with another three 3rd party reverbs and a bunch of other stuff). And this one single instance of TL space goes into RTAS overload and brings the whole session to a halt.

It took me a while to figure it out and isolate the one plug that was causing this, but once I did, I repeated the overload many times. Even with every other track in the session deactivated, this instance of TL space overloaded the RTAS engine. It always happened at the same spot in the tune, when the input to the plug was going into silence. So, it looks like a denormalization error. Except that it wasn't happening to the other two TL space plugs, which had plenty of silence going into them.

The one difference on the offending TL Space was that I had made a number of adjustments to the patch. It was a short room impulse, but I shortened it quite a bit more, added 30ms of predelay, and changed the high frequency setting; So, I guess this would add up to more processing demand. And I wonder if that made the problem worse.

Anyway, I went back to the stock IR with no adjustments and the problem went away.

Things that make you go hmm...

(I'm running PT 8.0.1 on WinXPsp3 on an Intel quad)
Old 05-28-2010, 10:41 PM

Default Re: TL space overload

last night i had same problem - i try used old method by plug in dither before tl space - and solved
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAR TERATAI CAPUNG View Post
last night i had same problem - i try used old method by plug in dither before tl space - and solved
I agree it sounds like a textbook case of Denormalization. Add a dither plug in before TL Space.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 AM

Had the same problem, and yes, this i s the solution

Rossi