Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 02:34 AM

Default M-Audio 1814 won\'t launch PTMP.

Hey all. I hope there is a guardian angel out there looking out for me because this installing/uninstalling software and rebooting is getting ridiculous. I have an M-Audio 1814 with the appropriate M-Powered Software and a powerbook G4 (1GHz). At first I tried doing what the manuals and the software setups said step by step to get the 1814 to be recognized by my g4 computer. That didn't work. So I took the take your 1814 to a pc and then back to a powerbook advice and my computer (Reason 2.5) recognizes it. Yay! But wait. When I try to launch Pro Tools MP, with the iLok of course, Pro Tools just haults on its tracks. What is going on there? Can someone who knows something about this or has encountered similar issues please inform me what the deal is? I would greatly appreciate it. It would suck to let a system with much potential go to waste. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: M-Audio 1814 won\'t launch PTMP.

Did you install the latest driver from the M-Audio site? You need that loaded on your machine for it to work. Also, when it was hooked up to a PC, was it the latest software?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Avid

TheNewGuy - when you say Pro Tools halts in it's tracks, can you tell us where it is in it's load sequence (loading plug-ins, etc)?

You could try the 'General Troubleshooting' suggestions in the stick at the top of the 002/Mac forum, which may help.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM

I have now installed the newest beta driver for the 1814 and it works for my g4 without going to a pc but Pro Tools MP still won't launch. I'll click on the icon to open the demo or a new file but it just won't initialize at all. It'll just say Pro Tools on the top menu bar on the left and will do nothing else. I have to keep force quiting the program because it just won't do anything. I thought this new beta file might do the trick but it hasn't yet, at least for me. I'm not having too much luck with this M Powered software. Anyone still have any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:57 PM

This is just a shot in the dark but did you uninstalled the previous 1814 driver, if one was installed with PT M-P. Just a thought...
Old 04-28-2005, 06:39 AM

I've installed and unistalled drivers, old and new. Attached and detached the 1814, rebooted, et.. I've tried just about every combination and nothing. I think I'm going to have to reformat my hard drive entirely because I did notice some minor errors when I did a full scan, and that could be the problem I'm having. I'll see how that works and if that doesn't work I don't what else can be done.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Avid

So you're saying you see 'Pro Tools' in the upper left next the the apple icon? If so, this means that Pro Tools is launched and all you should need to do is go to the 'File' menu and choose either 'New Session' or 'Open Session'.

If you're already doing this, what happens exactly? Do you get any dialogs on screen? Do you get the spinning beach ball?

As indicated in my first post, you may want to go through the 'General Troubleshooting' steps in the Mac forum, which will 'reset' everything and should clear up any lingering problems you may be having. The fact that Pro Tools seems to be launching indicates that your hardware is being recognized and this issue is not related to the 1814 drivers.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Here's a link if you need it:
OS X/Pro Tools 6.x Setup & General Troubleshooting:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?&Number=313423
Old 05-06-2005, 05:55 AM

I had the exact same problem. I created a new admin account and ran it from there. Worked like a charm, even with the new 1.5 drivers.