Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 10.3.6 = No Eleven Rack Window?

Darryl...we are acknowledging that the issue at hand is within Pro Tools 10.3.6, correct? Although I'm quite certain your suggestion would likely resolve the issue, absolutely NOTHING else about my system is having any issues. The link I've posted regards completely uninstalling PT, which seems precisely pertinent. My 10.2 drive is working quite perfectly and has been since its installation. I can't say the same about anything afterward, however...this is my personal system and there may be other issues. I'm a big boy and perfectly capable of picking through my systems to figure out issues.

Again...I quickly popped on here to see if anyone else within the community has experienced this issue. If it's just me, OK. Thanks again for your time and input.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Darryl...we are acknowledging that the issue at hand is within Pro Tools 10.3.6, correct? Although I'm quite certain your suggestion would likely resolve the issue, absolutely NOTHING else about my system is having any issues. The link I've posted regards completely uninstalling PT, which seems precisely pertinent. My 10.2 drive is working quite perfectly and has been since its installation. I can't say the same about anything afterward, however...this is my personal system and there may be other issues. I'm a big boy and perfectly capable of picking through my systems to figure out issues.

Again...I quickly popped on here to see if anyone else within the community has experienced this issue. If it's just me, OK. Thanks again for your time and input.
No, "we" don't know where the problem is or where it is. "I" don't know where the problem is either. But I am offering a likely series of things to try that will isolate/fix possible/likely problems.

I've made clear several times the problem may not necessarily be within Pro Tools. Why would I keep showing you the steps of things to do beyond Pro Tools that if the problem could only be inside Pro Tools? you seem fixated on this belief. Unisntall Pro Tools, renstall it. If that did not fix the problem then I suspect Pro Tools is not the issue. Move on to the next step. What about the other things I have suggested? you can't try any of them?

If other applications work OK what does that tell you? Not much right? Are other things trying to talk MIDI over USB to your Eleven Rack? Using a similar application/OS software stack as Pro Tools is using?

Yes other people have reported this, its not clear there is a simple pattern. Some of those were USB/cable/port issues, some mystery pro Tools and/or OS problems. You can search DUC for those. I've Incorporated what I know if that past into the suggestions to you. You've made it clear you more want to talk about it than actually try to fix it. OK, that's your call.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:

So we are talking Windows correct? What exact version? Have you installed any Windows updates lately?

You mention the v1.1.6 driver. Did the Eleven Rack Window work in PT10.2 with this driver?

When did you install the v.1.1.6 driver? Before or after PT10.3.6?

Can you look in Device Manager and tell me if you are seeing multiple Avid Eleven Rack entries? You can view a video I made about a different problem, but the steps for checking Device Manager are the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dl0pFgkRyE

About 2min in is where the Device Manager talk starts.

What are your SETUP>MIDI>Input Devices settings? Are you sure you have Eleven Rack checked? If not, check it, then you will probably have to shut down PT and restart.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Benoni...

Yes...Win7 Pro...and my apologies for not making that clear in the OP. As we all know; there are constantly Windows updates and I do install them, including the latest, without any PT issues.

The reason I installed v1.1.6 and 10.3.6 was solely because the v1.1.6 driver "requires" it, therefore, I did not install the v1.1.6 on a 10.2 drive. I did - many thanks to your several posts & videos - install the v1.1.6 driver prior to 10.3.6 and did not experience any of the issues I've seen within the forums and I do only have the one Avid Eleven Rack RT DFU.

For gits and shiggles: on the 10.3.6 HDD, I uninstalled 10.3.6, installed 10.2 and - after returning to Superior Drummer 2.3.1 - all is good, including running the v1.1.6 driver.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Benoni...

Yes...Win7 Pro...and my apologies for not making that clear in the OP. As we all know; there are constantly Windows updates and I do install them, including the latest, without any PT issues.

The reason I installed v1.1.6 and 10.3.6 was solely because the v1.1.6 driver "requires" it, therefore, I did not install the v1.1.6 on a 10.2 drive. I did - many thanks to your several videos - install the v1.1.6 driver prior to 10.3.6 and did not experience any of the issues I've seen within the forums and I do only have the one Avid Eleven Rack RT DFU.

For gits and shiggles: on the 10.3.6 HDD, I uninstalled 10.3.6, installed 10.2 and - after returning to Superior Drummer 2.3.1 - all is good, including running the v1.1.6 driver.
Ok, so if you install 10.3.6 again, just check in MIDI Input devices and make sure the 11R is checked. If its not checked you won't have any 11R window options.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
...check in MIDI Input devices and make sure the 11R is checked. If its not checked you won't have any 11R window options.
This is likely the answer I needed and seem to recall you mentioning in your video.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 AM

Well...maintaining my penchant for self-immolation; I updated a 10.2 setup to 10.3.6, did as Benoni suggested and all is well. Wish I would'a remembered this part of his video prior to asking, however, let my absent-mindedness be a tool of assistance for any who may come looking for this specific answer: 0' 58"
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM

Brian,

I'm wondering if you ever figured out the problem with your Eleven Rack Control Window not showing in PT 10.3.6? I've had the same issue for months now, currently on 10.3.7 and a Windows 7 machine Everything works fine, PT the Eleven Rack etc. only the Control Window doesn't work i.e. it doesn't show in the Window list or under the drop down list under the arrow in the upper right of Pro Tools.

When I first installed the Eleven Rack, I spent hours on the phone with Avid Support on the issue. Avid Support couldn't fix it either and finally gave up, telling me that my PC is unsupported which basically means it's not a Dell or an HP. It was custom built according to the Avid guidelines and was intended to run mostly Pro Tools in my studio. Everything is totally up to date including bios and all hardware drivers including the 1.1.6 drivers for the 11R.

Between Avid and myself, PT, the rack drivers etc have all been uninstalled and re-installed multiple times. I have a MacBook Pro that I some times use for mobile recording and the Control Window works fine on that, so I don't think it's an issue with the rack hardware, USB chord etc.

If anyone has figured this one out, please let me know. I think Avid would like to know too. Meanwhile I just have to use the buttons on the rack itself.

Jim
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM

If you are addressing me, I don't think I ever had a problem with the 11R UI not showing in PT10.

It's PT11 that does not have the 11R UI, but from what I hear they are working on it.

For PT10 it should not be a problem.

Can you detail your setup more? What OS, Version of PT, Interface(s) connected, any other USB/Firewire peripherals?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 PM

Sorry I didn't realize your issue was in PT 11 as the name of the thread is '10.3.6 = No Eleven Rack Window'.

As I mentioned in my first post, set up is Windows 7, PT 10.3.7, Eleven Rack drivers 1.1.6 and rack expansion pack. All drivers, bios and Windows 7 are completely up to date.

Since I wrote the first post, I uninstalled PT, rack drivers and expansion pack one more time and re-installed everything. Same results.....no 11R Control Window but PT and the 11R are working fine.

Any suggestions as to where else to look is appreciated.

Jim