Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncel View Post
Nuendo is $700 cheaper. Plus like Southsidemusic mentioned, there's no annual fee. I use Vanilla, and would consider upgrading for $999. Guess it just depends on what you need - HD rental is $999 per year, which to me is actually not that bad if you make your living using the software. I'll probably just stick with Vanilla and continue using Nuendo. I personally would not upgrade at all unless I was sure that the bug fixes were in place (especially the -9173).
I've already got HD thru the crossgrade from Production Toolkit a few years ago, so for me it's only $399 to continue using for another year. With the new features, and a couple vanity projects still in the pipeline, PT HD has BARELY earned another year of "support" from me.

C
Old 09-09-2016, 06:21 PM

I still miss an option to play the clip backwards without having to go to the audiosuite. They could introduce it in this new editing clip thing. For me, it would be incredible and very fast. Imagine reversing a crash, a hit or a vocal in the begining of a frase. The options are endless, but everytime you have to search the plugin to do it in the audiosuite. I know many of you don't agree, but for me it is very useful. Think about it Avid, please!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbass56 View Post
Yes,I'm sticking with Nuendo as well,still no Folders, to organize tracks in, no built in conform, or ADR tools,and they still want to squeeze every last drop of cash out of us, my HD license expires end of December,so I still have time to decide, but these features are not that enticing to me personally,i do like the one machine HDX system for playback and record, but I can already do that with Neuendo, plus it is Dante enabled for more flexibility in I/O
BUT I still think Pro Tools is the best app for editing audio in, it took me a while to build macros in Neundo to do a lot of fast audio editing,customs fades,and moving regions around,and I really do hope Pro Tools keeps moving forward, I'm just not a fan of AVID
Agreed - I also really like editing and tracking in Pro Tools. I prefer it actually. Love Nuendo for mixing and session organization (like you pointed out), and stability (I'm on a Mac, and Nuendo never gives me a single issue). I'm hopeful that maybe Avid can lure me back in, but I'm moving ahead either way.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:24 PM

I'm confused. Sorry guys. I own an HD native card and I'm on an HD annual agreement running 12.5.2

I thought last year I paid $999 for the first year and then I would pay an annual fee of $299 or $399. (I can't remember all the details at this point)

As a current owner and on an annual agreement are we all back up to the $999 for 12.6 or as a current owner will Avid honor the $299 or $399 (sorry whatever it was) price?

Thanks for any insight.

Scott
Old 09-09-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerSound View Post
I'm confused. Sorry guys. I own an HD native card and I'm on an HD annual agreement running 12.5.2

I thought last year I paid $999 for the first year and then I would pay an annual fee of $299 or $399. (I can't remember all the details at this point)

As a current owner and on an annual agreement are we all back up to the $999 for 12.6 or as a current owner will Avid honor the $299 or $399 (sorry whatever it was) price?

Thanks for any insight.

Scott
If you are on a support plan now you will be paying $399 when its time to renew for HD and non HD $99/$199 depending on the plan.

But it was never $299 for HD users. It is $399 a year

The $999 is for new HD users who want to subscribe and not buy into the perpetual license for $2499

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-09-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
If you are on a support plan now you will be paying $399 when its time to renew for HD and non HD $99/$199 depending on the plan.

The $999 is for new HD users who want to subscribe and not buy into the perpetual license for $2499
Thank you! I'm cool with that as I had resigned myself to that payment structure a year ago. Even though I could not remember the exact numbers!

You must be a rocket scientist or something to have figured all that pricing out. I have been studying the blue pricing box for a while and thought I was going back up to the $999.

Thank you Sir!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Wait, I guess maybe I've misunderstood this as well. I have PTHD 10/11, if I choose to go to PTHD 10/11/12 is it not still $999.00?

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 PM

Am I reading that the HDX card without license is now 2999? If I'm an existing HDX user with support plan, and I purchase another card, i shouldn't have to pay for any more digilink io licenses right? I hope so!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Voyles View Post
Questions:

Do you need Digilink hardware to run HD or can you use whatever? I.E. Soundgrid

If so, is there still a 32IO limit?
HD software will run with nearly any hardware, but non-Avid hardware will limit you to 32 IO(although, non-Avid hardware that connects thru HDN.HDX cards is "usually" seen as HD IO variants, so the IO limits are on par with an all-Avid system(referring to 3rd party boxes that use Digilink connections as on some Lynx and Focusrite units).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-10-2016, 01:29 AM

Hello,

Another ( same ) question :) :
I use PT 12.5.2 Vanilla ( one year subscription ) with an SSL MX4 card and some SSL Alpha link conv...

Two questions :
1) If I go to PT HD ( software only ), the limit of 32 I/O will still bo there ? If yes, do I need to have a whole chain with Avid Hardaware ( Card + Conv ? ) ?

2) What are my options to go HD ? I saw the 999$ rental one, but what the difference with the 1899$ option upgrade for Vanilla user ?

Thanks for your answer
Paul
Closed Thread