Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Default Some groups not working correctly

Anyone else see this. I import several new audio files into an existing session(selected to import to new tracks) and create a group of them, so I can line them up in one shot. So I click on one of them with the grabber, and all the tracks go highlighted(as expected). Then I drag along the timeline and SOME of the tracks move, while the others in the group stay put. Undo that and select again(and again, all the tracks are highlighted). This time I try nudging, and again, SOME tracks move and some don't. Anyone have an idea why? I have seen this before, even when using the ALL group(like to chop a song in SHUFFLE mode). Very annoying(but I get to use SPOT mode to save the day....woohoo)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Some groups not working correctly

I assume, you are creating an edit group of the tracks and you are moving their clips and some clips do not move.
That should not happen, if the furthest left clip in the timeline is clicked and the furthest right in the timeline is shift-clicked.
(Alternative, even without creating an edit group : lasso-ing around all new clips with grabber in object mode.)
Otherwise, only those clips that are fully within the boundaries of the selection are moved.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
I assume, you are creating an edit group of the tracks and you are moving their clips and some clips do not move.
That should not happen, if the furthest left clip in the timeline is clicked and the furthest right in the timeline is shift-clicked.
(Alternative, even without creating an edit group : lasso-ing around all new clips with grabber in object mode.)
Otherwise, only those clips that are fully within the boundaries of the selection are moved.
To add a bit more, all the clips are the same length and all start at the same time. I agree that it SHOULD work but it doesn't. I'll need to give the lasso trick a try

Old 10-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Maybe the non-moving clip has a start time just one sample before the start time of the clicked clip due to whatever reasons. Hard to see, unless zoomed in to the maximum and grid not set to samples.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
Maybe the non-moving clip has a start time just one sample before the start time of the clicked clip due to whatever reasons. Hard to see, unless zoomed in to the maximum and grid not set to samples.
Hmmm....have to look into this