Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-16-2013, 07:05 AM

Default OMF Export failure: std::exception

Hi,

I'm working on a PT session and should export it as an OMF for my client, who is working in an other application. However, the export fails with an error message:

"Could not complete the Export Selected Tracks command because std::exception"

I've checked for unallowed file names, but can't figure out why the export fails. Is there anything I'm not aware of?

Thanks for all your insight and hints to solve this...

Thomas
Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM

Default Re: OMF Export failure: std::exception

I guess that would depend on what the exception is, it is too hard to tell without PT specifying exactly which exception is being thrown. I have never encountered this error, hopefully someone who has experienced this can offer some assistance, otherwise I think any troubleshooting would be a stab in the dark!

Any info in the PT log?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:11 AM

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately this is the only error message I get... I have to look into the PT log (but have to find out first where it is...

When trying to export just a single track with reference to the media files, the export works. Opening the OMF in e.g. Cubase will work, however I have to search for the media files. This could be related to the fact, that the session was streamed back from an archive disk and the medial links still pointing to the work disk. So I will look into re-linking all media files first before exporting as OMF... Hopefully this will work - I'll keep posted here.

Thomas
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM

It sounds like you are on the right track, to my understanding std::exception is an expression used to handle standard errors. Runtime, allocation and logic errors are inherit from std::exception. I could be way off as I do not understand much about the C++ language, but if PT is not specifying what the exception is it is difficult to determine the cause, hopefully the log will reveal some more information.

FYI the PT log is located in the ~/Library, hold option and click the 'Go' menu to access this library.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:52 PM

It's caused by trying to export an OMF from an external / attached drive (or that's one cause, at least in PT11). Copy session to desktop (or at least system drive?) then export OMF and it worked fine for me.