Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-24-2020, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor crashes Windows

Night Rider,
Your fix worked for me but I took a couple of added steps along the way.
I was already running win v2004 and pt 2019.12 with eleven rack but the rack editor quit working when I updated to win v2004. I got into the blue screen loop when I tried to just reinstall rack editor before using your fix. Therefore I added creating a restore point in case of a blue screen loop and uninstalling iLok license manager to the sequence. Great solution you came up with. PT, Rack and Editor working as intended here.

Solution for installing Eleven Rack Editor Windows 10 v2004:

- Download latest iLok License Manager and extract it to a folder but do not install
- Create a restore point in case something goes wrong!!!
- Uninstall present installation of iLok License Manager
- Install 11R driver and 11R Editor with PACE
- DO NOT RESTART when prompted
- Install latest iLok License Manager
- Restart
- Run 11R Editor installer once again
- Restart

Solution for upgrading to Windows 10 v2004:

- Update PACE/iLok before upgrading to Win10 v2004

Dell XPS9100 6core X5675 3.07 gHz, Eleven Rack
Old 10-26-2020, 12:57 PM

Great idea Zap !

I've been wondering what would happen if you didn't have the original Windows install to fall back on when upgrading to 2004.

As I recall, the opportunity to revert back to the pre-2004 version goes away after 30 days.

Seems really odd that Avid doesn't consider this an important enough issue to acknowledge and fix.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:30 PM

frankpc,

You could make a system image of an older version on a separate hard or ssd drive before upgrading to v2004 for a fallback.

Version 2004 also crashed my Command|8 control surface on my PT HD11 system. It worked perfectly for years until v2004. I'm still working on that.

It doesn't seem like Avid wants to fix much of anything anymore, therefore I have jumped off the bandwagon as of PT 2019.12. I might be rolling this license back to PT11 standard so the two systems are more compatible.

Last edited by zap1340; 10-28-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Some info no longer valid.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 AM

I totally agree with zap1340! Why isn't Avid acknowledging the issue and fixing the issue or at least providing the resolution steps. Just another example of poor support for their products - leaving the customer to do the heavy lifting. I lost an entire Windows configuration due to the issue as I couldn't even use an existing restore point to remedy the reboot loop. Simply pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
Great idea Zap !

I've been wondering what would happen if you didn't have the original Windows install to fall back on when upgrading to 2004.

As I recall, the opportunity to revert back to the pre-2004 version goes away after 30 days.

Seems really odd that Avid doesn't consider this an important enough issue to acknowledge and fix.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOZ View Post
I totally agree with zap1340! Why isn't Avid acknowledging the issue and fixing the issue or at least providing the resolution steps. Just another example of poor support for their products - leaving the customer to do the heavy lifting. I lost an entire Windows configuration due to the issue as I couldn't even use an existing restore point to remedy the reboot loop. Simply pathetic!
Mr Oz,
Use AOMEI Backupper (free) to make a system image before you start making changes to your system. Windows backup and restore system image isn't reliable. Follow the steps carefully that Night Rider or myself have posted. If something goes wrong Backupper can get you back to your working environment easily. I used the procedure I listed on Win ver. 2004 and Rack and Editor are working as intended. I then updated to Win ver. 20H2 and have had no issues. Rack and Editor working great. Good Luck!
Old 01-19-2021, 08:57 AM

I'm having to same issue trying to install the newest driver and editor for the eleven rack. I'm not at all happy with this product or Avid's lack of customer support. Anyways, I'm using my 11 Rack as a guitar processor but still need the driver for working with the editor on my pc. I'm not using Pro Tools, but am using Mixcraft Studio Pro 9 as my Daw. I'm kinda new to the home recording scene so any help would be much appreciated. Really frustrated because this is a very versatile effects processor and I'm not able to utilize all its functions.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:04 AM

Thanks Night Rider it works perfect

Solution for installing Eleven Rack Editor Windows 10 v2004 and 20H2

- Download latest iLok License Manager and extract it to a folder but do not install
- Create a restore point in case something goes wrong!!!
- Uninstall present installation of iLok License Manager
- Install 11R driver and 11R Editor with PACE
- DO NOT RESTART when prompted
- Install latest iLok License Manager
- Restart
- Run 11R Editor installer once again
- Restart