Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM

Default Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

Woke up, loaded a session, crashed computer. Restarted, loaded a session got this message:

Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

Error details:

LicenseServicesException::QueryError, 19, Caught an exception from a DB query., LsObjectCache.cpp, line 477, function: void license_services::LsObjectCache::query(const license_services::LsSelectQueryWire &, const bool, const int32_t), Database query failed with a PaceException. The error message is:
Litesql exception: Query string is: "SELECT * FROM AuthDef_ WHERE (AuthDef_.authId_ = '-305245662') and (AuthDef_.publisherId_ = '101')", exception text is: "UnknownError: step failed: 1SQL logic error or missing database".

Couldn't find any info about Mac systems (only windows) regarding this error. Uninstalled, dowloaded new install, installed. Same results. Any ideas?
Old 06-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Avid

Default Re: Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyMountain View Post
Woke up, loaded a session, crashed computer. Restarted, loaded a session got this message:

Fatal Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

Error details:

LicenseServicesException::QueryError, 19, Caught an exception from a DB query., LsObjectCache.cpp, line 477, function: void license_services::LsObjectCache::query(const license_services::LsSelectQueryWire &, const bool, const int32_t), Database query failed with a PaceException. The error message is:
Litesql exception: Query string is: "SELECT * FROM AuthDef_ WHERE (AuthDef_.authId_ = '-305245662') and (AuthDef_.publisherId_ = '101')", exception text is: "UnknownError: step failed: 1SQL logic error or missing database".

Couldn't find any info about Mac systems (only windows) regarding this error. Uninstalled, dowloaded new install, installed. Same results. Any ideas?
A different license might be getting detected. Try deactivating your current license that is having an error, then try to reactivate. there might be a subscription license deposited that has not been used or a different license might be activated. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you
-Tope
Old 10-31-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
A different license might be getting detected. Try deactivating your current license that is having an error, then try to reactivate. there might be a subscription license deposited that has not been used or a different license might be activated. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you

-Tope

I got the same strange error. I’m using 2020.9.1 w mojave on an hdx2 system in a cheesegrater 12 core. It occurred after installing source connect 3.9, zoom 5.41 and a new version of Autotune pro. Of course I’m not sure if those upgrades were connected to the issue.

Next I did do a deep preference purge and the error changed to just crashing on plugin loading in the PT boot sequence. No more “Fatal error” message....Plus I checked my mojave Pro tools optimizations and it was all recommended settings.

Now the error just say pro tools crashed during load and would I like to share the info with avid.

Same crash on start although with a painfully long plugin load time. Expected but slows down my testing. I changed apple accounts and still got the PT loading crash.

Next I pulled out a number of plugins and the loading finished! I’m slowly checking how recent all the plugins and either leaving them out or finding the latest 64 bit version. I did all that 4 months ago this summer so not many need updating.

Did some plugin research....I see that the latest version of autotune requires a different kind of non-ilok license. Thats the first one I will test this morning by going to the new version ... I’m wondering if that version is better with 64bit hosts or its ilok version is not as clean. I will keep you all posted. This a so annoying because the system has been rock solid since the summer and I have lots of work to do this halloween weekend. Oooh this is scary....

Avid should make a diagnostic mode where plugin by plugin gets loaded and instantiated and tested and then a report is sent to you stating healthy status, 64 bit clean or license missing or what ever and you can elect to remove any less than ideal plugins and demos that don’t let full use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com
Old 11-04-2020, 04:10 AM

Happily, after updates to plugins the whole system is running fine again. All plugins have been returned to active duty with the exception of some redundant izotope older RX versions v5 and v6 because I have version 8 of those. Plus I removed some demos from slate, hofa and flux. New versions and also fresh versions of the same latest versions of Pro Tools ultimate 2020.9.1, Waves, Slate, soundtoys, antares, Mcdsp, UAD, MetricHalo, Sonnox and fabfilter were all reinstalled or updated. Antares did get the wibu non ilok version. The system is thankfully solid again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NomadicWax.com