Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-05-2019, 08:18 AM

Default Some odd issues with some AIR VI's

I've been having some odd issues with a couple of my AIR VI's and wondered if other's have had similar issues.

Xpand - Will not allow me to select certain pull down menu options, ie, changing the PB range. No matter what I select on the pull down menu, it remains at 2. Same issue with the Arps. Stays at the saved Arp for the patch, but won't let me select a new one.

Hybrid - similar issues. Tried to select a different distortion modulator on the filter, but no matter what I opted for, it remained on the saved default.

This is the first time I've attempted to do either of these things with Xpand or Hybrid since the latest PT update. Wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

Can't figure what the cause might be.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Some odd issues with some AIR VI's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I've been having some odd issues with a couple of my AIR VI's and wondered if other's have had similar issues.

Xpand - Will not allow me to select certain pull down menu options, ie, changing the PB range. No matter what I select on the pull down menu, it remains at 2. Same issue with the Arps. Stays at the saved Arp for the patch, but won't let me select a new one.
Hi Donald
Wondering if you’ve got the same version of Xpand!2 as my 2019.6 version?
When I click on ‘air’ (bottom RH corner) it shows Xpand!2 V2.2.11.47cbc81
(please see attached image)
No problems here changing the PB range from 2 all the way down to 12.
I can select different Arps and hear the effect, when the “ON” button’s pressed

Quote:
Hybrid - similar issues. Tried to select a different distortion modulator on the filter, but no matter what I opted for, it remained on the saved default.

With Hybrid, the horizontal slider above the menu sets the amount of filter saturation (I do hope this is what you are talking about!) The Default setting (far left) is “OFF”, so you won’t hear any Menu changes until you slide it to the right.
Here, there’s a big difference between 'Hard Clip' and 'Resample' etc.
(please see attached images)

Quote:
This is the first time I've attempted to do either of these things with Xpand or Hybrid since the latest PT update. Wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

Can't figure what the cause might be.
Only difference I can see is that you’re on Win 10, whereas I’m on Win7 – but that shouldn’t be the problem!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 AM

Hi John,

Not sure what's causing the issues. On Hybrid, yes, I know how to adjust the amount. THat's not the issue. The issue is I can't change the type of filter distortion I want from the little pull down menu you get when you click on the type. It stays at "Resample" no matter what.

On Xpand - I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest version, but I'll double check. The odd things is, both these issues are inconsistent. Sometimes it shows up, and other times it all works fine. What is consistent is that when I need to use either, they won't work, and when I don't particularly need either, they work fine! That's almost completely true!

Old 10-07-2019, 11:58 AM

BTW, John, I have the same kind of issues with some of the FX plugins, such as the Filter Gate, where it won't let me select the rhythm for the gate I want or change from 1/16 to 1/8 etc. The menu is there, but nothing can be selected. That's happened more than once as well.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
...The issue is I can't change the type of filter distortion I want from the little pull down menu you get when you click on the type. It stays at "Resample" no matter what.
I can change the type of filter distortion I want from the little pull down menu – it definitely doesn’t stay at "Resample" for me.
Hybrid 3 (version 3.0.7.19000) hasn’t been updated for years - have you already tried reinstalling it, to see if this issue persists?
If needed, you can use the Trial Installer from
https://www.airmusictech.com/product...3#.XZwyu39BVEY

Quote:
On Xpand - I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest version, but I'll double check. The odd things is, both these issues are inconsistent. Sometimes it shows up, and other times it all works fine. What is consistent is that when I need to use either, they won't work, and when I don't particularly need either, they work fine! That's almost completely true!
These inconsistencies have got me completely baffled - I can’t find anything in the Manual about having to sneak up on my computer, pretending I don’t have to use it, to make a plug-in work!
(Reminds me of the era when Doormen/Bouncers were replaced by “Attitude Inspectors”)
However, in all seriousness, I'd like to know if other people are experiencing these same inconsistencies - and do they only occur in PT2019.6 on Win10?

Quote:
BTW, John, I have the same kind of issues with some of the FX plugins, such as the Filter Gate, where it won't let me select the rhythm for the gate I want or change from 1/16 to 1/8 etc. The menu is there, but nothing can be selected. That's happened more than once as well.
With Filter Gate, I can change the Rate from 1/16 to 1/8 etc. and adjust the Swing knob. I’m using AIR Filter Gate V1.2.11.d0b499c (clicking on ‘Filter Gate’ shows the Version)

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 10:08 PM.