How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Guitar tone reduced in Pro Tools 10

Zolko, the zero latency stage of the interface is bypassing the DAW. No way to record both through the DAW, to my knowledge. Yes, I'm playing on both sides of the A/B test. And I have just listened to my buddy the same way while he plays. That's where I get that there is a difference, and he confirms that its there. And as with the zero latency stage, there is no way to get the recording from the direct out of the amp through the DAW, unless I'm, well, going through the DAW. And ASIO4ALL with an Apogee Jam is no different: it sounds better before going through my computer/dAW, so Im just going to keep working on this. The amp and the interface are fine, so I will try your advice, Katherine, and trash my preferences and settings, etc., and try a different DAW like Reaper. I've tried disabling the dynamic plugin processing which doesn't change it, and I don't have any problems with leaving it enabled which is a bonus! I'm currently putting together a PC, so I'll have some new hardware to put into this. Thanks for your input.