Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Anyway to go back to 10.4.8 ?

Quote:
How long are your session and file names? If they exceed the character limit, it results in errors, FW Bus erros, etc... I think this was fixed with an update, but I'm not positive. If this problem follows you around without any aparent reason, check to see that your audio file names, track names, and session name do not exceed (I think it's 16) characters in length. Sounds absurd, but that is very likely the problem. The good news is that this is an easy fix, and does not require any replacement of gear.
this is why net forums are so great. there's always someone who knows something that you never expected.

Although I think my file/session/track names are relatively short, (that's how i try to keep them most of the time to prevent confusion) but i'll be checkin them if this problem reappears. this is definately valuable information! A space in a name is counted as a character as well, right?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Anyway to go back to 10.4.8 ?

[/QUOTE] A space in a name is counted as a character as well, right?

[/QUOTE]

That's right... spaces, hyphen, any character or space counts toward the limit. Also, the L or R that is added to file names as they are created within protools count.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: HW Buffer Size Problem..occurs regularly for \"no reason\" (?)

Hi there,

First of all this is what I have:

Mac Pro
2X2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon
2.667 Memory
OS 10.4.9 (and I just recently installed the combo update)
23 inch Cinema HD Display
Digi 003 Rack Factory
Pro Tools 7.3.1

Music Production Tool Kit Bundle
Waves Native Power Pack
Reason 3.0.5
Stylus RMX (latest version for INtel based Macs)
Ethno (again, latest version for Intel based macs)

I've plugged in my 003 to the fire wire port in the front of my computer.

I have to G tech drives plugged into the back of the computer into the firewire800 port (I've daisychained them, right now I only have one drive installed)

I'm getting these same error messages.

It's been horribly frustrating.

The main one I get is -6093.

" The main oerating system held off or interrupts for too long. If this occurs frequently try increasing the H/W Buffer size in the Playback Engine Panel"

I've unistalled Spotlight and have gone through most of the troubleshoting items and have done what they suggest and the problem still occurs.

What is odd to me is the problem only started occuring within the last 2 weeks or so and I've had my new computer since the end of March '07.

Anyway, I feel stuck.

Should I unstall 10.4.9 and go back to 10.4.8?

I must admit, I'm really trying to avoid having to reinstall Pro Tools and all of my plugins again. it was such a long process and I was on the phone with Digidesign for days having them walk me through the process...mainly because if there was a compatibility prolem with one of my plugins I wanted them to tell me before I installed it.

So being skittish to have to reinstall all software, if there a way to install 10.4.8 without having to wipe my drive and start clean?

Is there a combo update also for 10.4.8?

Should I downgrade to different version of Pro Tools?

Looking forward to your comments!

Thank you!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: HW Buffer Size Problem..occurs regularly for \"no reason\" (?)

I'm having similar issues, see my post.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1157066
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: HW Buffer Size Problem..occurs regularly for \"no reason\"

As you can see, my response was to CellAutomata. If he has 10.4.9 on his system, he should use the Combo Updater to make sure he has all the pieces and parts.

If you have 10.4.8, do not load 10.4.9.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.