Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2018, 12:36 AM

Default Re: AAF from Premiere works! (sorta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
I am glad that those tests didn't make for problematic exports. Can I assume that those tests were relatively short projects?.
The ones I did were very short! Appreciate that they are totally unrepresentative of real world.

First thing I’d get editor to do is to import their own AAF and check it appears in sync in PP. If it is correct then maybe reexport?

If you can find any consistency in the errors then let Adobe support have the details.

Adobe are, I’m sure, interested in fixing AAF issues - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/fo...o?query=AAF%20 are a few folks complaining. Vote for some of the issues you are seeing & let them know it’s important
Old 11-26-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevora View Post
The ones I did were very short! Appreciate that they are totally unrepresentative of real world.

First thing I’d get editor to do is to import their own AAF and check it appears in sync in PP. If it is correct then maybe reexport?

If you can find any consistency in the errors then let Adobe support have the details.

Adobe are, I’m sure, interested in fixing AAF issues - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/fo...o?query=AAF%20 are a few folks complaining. Vote for some of the issues you are seeing & let them know it’s important

I hope you are correct and Adobe fixes their various export issues--so far they have been pretty slow to do this: PP is not a new app and these are not new problems. They continue to develop PP, and the process inevitably breaks parts of the app, and what often seems to get broken is export. I understand that this is an inevitable part of the process of upgrading apps, but it would be great if THEY would do tests on this aspect of their product, and then be frank about what isn't working in new versions. Exporting projects is not going away.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Just an FYI - In AATranslator we have been beta testing reading native Premiere Pro session files for some months now and that is going very well.
For many that will mean more detail available in the conversion as well as avoiding any potential issues related to the different variants of AAF that are possible between some DAWs/NLEs
Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite Spot View Post
Just an FYI - In AATranslator we have been beta testing reading native Premiere Pro session files for some months now and that is going very well.
For many that will mean more detail available in the conversion as well as avoiding any potential issues related to the different variants of AAF that are possible between some DAWs/NLEs

Yay!!!!
Old 11-26-2018, 02:55 PM

Yes, sounds promising.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 11-27-2018, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Yay!!!!
Email me and I'll hook you up with the latest beta if you think it will help
Old 11-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite Spot View Post
No, we aren't related to Fairlight but I have met them and they are very cool guys.
There are a surprising number of Aussies doing audio related stuff like Fairlight and Avalon (both Northern beaches suburbs of Sydney) and EdiLoad, etc but I am located 60klm from Sydney at the base of the Blue Mountains. Either way always happy to help
Probably confusing AATranslator with AVTransfer? Made by AVMedia/Fairlight/DSP/etc... that was a great program with a feature I still miss. Being able to preview the OMF timeline and select just a portion of it.

The Premiere problem is that it changes with every version. And Adobe can't keep track of it. They also have no established workflow for exporting to audio. For instance they should either tell their users not to use nested sequences and merged clips OR go about fixing the export routine so that it works with those features. The goal should be that nothing breaks the export. Easier said than done