How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2017, 07:46 AM

Default Help with Upgrade Plan renewal

Hey guys, I need some help..
As english is not my mother languange I'm worry if I did a wrong purchase on Avid shop.
Before some hours I received an email from Avid warning me that my Pro Tools Native plan is going to be expired in 48 hours. So I decided to go to Avid shop to upgrade for one year. I'm a little bit confused if I did the right choice on shop as after purchasing, I still see in my account that my plan expires in 2 days instead of one year more. Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5767.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5768.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2017, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Help with Upgrade Plan renewal

Well.. Im trying to get support for my issue from Avid but no luck. Whatever I do I find a Wall in front of me. Im filling pages for support -> submit-> "something went wrong". Again and again and again. I'm very disappointed from Avid.
So, how have the things: from what I understand, I did purchase a wrong product. Something called Annual plugins and support plan, which is something that I don't need. Who is responsible for the wrong purchase? Me?
Well.. lets see how have the things:

Just today I received an email from Avid warning me that my Pro Tools upgrade plan is going to expire in 48 hours. So I decided to buy a new upgrade plan for the next 12 months. Visiting the web shop and by clicking the category "Pro Tools 12 upgrade plans" (price starting at $99 per year), there was only one option, which I thought that was exactly what I wanted to order as it was the only one option in the category. So I did the purchase thinking that I did purchase my next Pro Tools 12 upgrade plan. From what I understood later is that I didn't purchase what I wanted cause of the very confusing and not right product category labeling. What I want is to change the annual plugin support plan which I mistakenly purchased (was my mistake that really?), with the pro tools 12 upgrade plan for the next 12 months. But unfortunatelly there is noone there in Avid to listen (read) my issue. Can someone here help me in this situation? Thanks in advanced
Old 09-05-2017, 07:47 PM

Well... no-one?
I see Avid pushing me away.
Sad
Old 09-06-2017, 03:18 PM

It does sound like you purchased the Plug-Ins and Support Plan instead of renewing your Pro Tools Upgrade Plan. There's a Renew Pro Tools option under Renewals on the the webstore and the first option leads to your Avid account which is where renewal is done. This FAQ provides more info about that.

Have you attempted to contact the webstore team about the purchase? (There's a Contact Us link at the bottom left of the webstore.)
Old 09-07-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
It does sound like you purchased the Plug-Ins and Support Plan instead of renewing your Pro Tools Upgrade Plan. There's a Renew Pro Tools option under Renewals on the the webstore and the first option leads to your Avid account which is where renewal is done. This FAQ provides more info about that.

Have you attempted to contact the webstore team about the purchase? (There's a Contact Us link at the bottom left of the webstore.)
Hi Jeffro,
first of all thank you for taking the time to answer to my post.
I tried many times to contact using the link but always after filling the form, there was no way to complete my action, after submitting there was an error.
I don't know what to do now... my last upgrade plan ended before 5 days and I hope I will not get in troubles renewing.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:37 PM

Was able to track down your info and will follow up via support case. Please watch for a case notice email.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Was able to track down your info and will follow up via support case. Please watch for a case notice email.
Jeffro thank you very much, my problem has been solved.
I appreciate your help and Avid's support.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 AM

I clicked "upgrade plan" .
However, since my renewal had expired the "ugrade plan" was in fact yearly support and plug ins..
Although it was called a "yearly upgrade plan"
Quite confusing.
Support was very quick to give me a refund so no big deal.

Huub

Last edited by huub; 09-08-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling