Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2017, 06:19 PM

Default Re: The Waves Renaissance Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Hell yeah! These guys are funny. Lololol! Man I haven't updated my Waves since 2014. Don't see the need to at this point. I have the gold bundle and I don't think anything has even been added to it since I bought it. So I don't even know what I would be paying for other than to say I'm current. I've been using mostly UAD and Fabfilter stuff anyway, and recently some iZotope stuff.

EDIT: Actually just looked at my bundle. Looks like there was about 4 or 5 plugins added. Not sure I would ever use them though!
Yeah that's the thing. Are they worth justifying $300, probably. Do you actually need them or will you use them??.., now that's a different question entirely.

It's up to each individual to be able to answer that one honestly for themselves. For some it will be worth it others, not. If anyone is unsure, well that's what trial versions are for.

Actually speaking if trials, I noticed Plugin Alliance have taken to resetting trials for people when the bring out a new sale. That's a great move on their part I reckon.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I noticed Plugin Alliance have taken to resetting trials for people when the bring out a new sale. That's a great move on their part I reckon.
+1
Thats great indeed. UA also use to reset all their trials (incl the ones you have used already) when you buy anything from them.
Software or hardware (will have to register the hardware of course). That´s great service and clever too because you may consider
buying plug ins one day you have tried a long time ago and you may want to try them again before buying of course just to be sure.

Even if I like Waves plug ins basically and I have and use them a lot I don´t appreciate their policy as for trials at all. Its so uncool.
If you ever have used a trail version of a Waves plug in in your life (with a certain account) they will never allow you to try this particular
plug in anymore. Never ever. Even if you have bought tons of other plug ins (via this particular account) from them in the meantime.

Not clever actually. I tried most of the Mercury Bundle plug ins a few years ago and decided to buy a couple of them. In the following years
I bought tons of those Waves plug ins as single plug ins or small bundles.

Years later I got interested in a few plug ins of the Mercury I still had not bought and looked for another trial. No way. Even years later Waves
still do not allow me to try those plug ins again. As mentioned already, not very clever imo.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
+1
Thats great indeed. UA also use to reset all their trials (incl the ones you have used already) when you buy anything from them.
Software or hardware (will have to register the hardware of course). That´s great service and clever too because you may consider
buying plug ins one day you have tried a long time ago and you may want to try them again before buying of course just to be sure.

Even if I like Waves plug ins basically and I have and use them a lot I don´t appreciate their policy as for trials at all. Its so uncool.
If you ever have used a trail version of a Waves plug in in your life (with a certain account) they will never allow you to try this particular
plug in anymore. Never ever. Even if you have bought tons of other plug ins (via this particular account) from them in the meantime.

Not clever actually. I tried most of the Mercury Bundle plug ins a few years ago and decided to buy a couple of them. In the following years
I bought tons of those Waves plug ins as single plug ins or small bundles.

Years later I got interested in a few plug ins of the Mercury I still had not bought and looked for another trial. No way. Even years later Waves
still do not allow me to try those plug ins again. As mentioned already, not very clever imo.
I have actually heard instances of Waves renewing trials. I'm pretty sure anyway. You just request it via support and they will review it. Even if it turns out to be false, it's worth a try just to find out.

Wouldn't I be great though if there is a button in Waves Central you can simply hit and it automatically assesses your request based on your last trial peiod and whether the product is on sale.

I think that would be quite clever and would garner more enthusiasm for Waves Central.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:39 PM

I know Waves has bailed me out in certain situations... extending a trial etc whilst mastering a project or 2. That was many years ago... but they did help out.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM

I still use the Ren plugs on most of the mixes I do. They're not analog models and they don't have fancy GUIs but they sound great.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/