Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2023, 03:58 PM

Default EuControl does not (fully) recognize iPad

I use Avid Control with my iPad and when I initially set it up, I assigned some Soft Keys to the User pages via the EuControl app (some soft keys trigger standard EUCON commands, and others are QWERTY keystrokes to trigger Soundflow macros). Worked great, for a while.

Now I'm having trouble getting Eucontrol to recognize the iPad when I want to edit or create Soft Keys. Additionally, while it will still carry out EUCON commands, it will not transmit my Soundflow keystrokes.

On the Surfaces page of the EuControl Settings window the iPad does show up, but then on the Soft Keys page there's no longer a "Surface" item in the pull-down menu of input devices to program -- just the collection of Avid hardware like Dock, S1/S3, Transport, etc. (I believe Surface" was the name used in that pulldown to indicate some generic device like an iPad.) So I can't access the tablet to program or edit more Soft Keys.

My EuControl version is 2022.12.1.34

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Any solutions? I know that Soundflow is working on integrating more closely with EuCon hardware, but I don't see how that would affect EuControl's communication with the iPad.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: EuControl does not (fully) recognize iPad

The Control App keys are Control Lower and Control Center in that drop down.

Some good news for you. Soundflow 5.4 is now EUCONized so you wont need to use keboard commands through it.....once EUCON 23.6 comes out which includes being able to make macros firing to multiple EUCON Apps at the same time (PT and SoundFlow in your workflow)
Old 06-07-2023, 04:35 PM

Default Re: EuControl does not (fully) recognize iPad

Great, thanks for the tip. I don't remember the iPad being represented as an Avid Control when I did my initial setup, but I'll take it. And yes, tighter integration between SoundFlow and EuCon will be nice.