Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-20-2019, 03:47 AM

Default Copy Clip Gain on multiple clips

Hello,

I'm using ProTools Field Recorder Track function to expand all field recorder tracks from the mixdowns used in film editing room.
However, while this function works well with almost all parameters from the Source Track (Volumes, edits, fades, automations...) it doesn't copy the clip gains on Expanded Tracks.

I'm trying to find a way to copy the entire Source Tracks clip gains to Expanded Tracks (so on multiple clips at the same time). I think i remember i had success previously by converting the source track Clip Gains to Volume, copy Volume automation to expanded track, then convert expanded track Volume automation back to Clip Gain.

However in the latests versions of ProTools, when converting (or coalescing) Clip Gains to Volume, it creates a automation point 1 sample before the end of each clip and creates a sort of fade until the next clip. The result is that when i convert back the Volume automation to Clip Gain on Expanded Track, i obtain a variable Clip Gain value on the entire clip (so Clip Gain Info disappears from view) and it's more annoying to edit clip gains on these clips (because of the break point on clip gain line 1 sample before end of clip).

Does anyone has a solution for this? Or another way to copy clip gain between two complete tracks with multiple clips.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Copy Clip Gain on multiple clips

Anyone, please?