Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Default How To Use Multiband Compression To Get Instant Mix Energy

Hey everyone - new video up today. Might help!

--
When Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry) said this one mix move is what makes his tracks actually sound like a record, my ears perked up.

I was at the NAMM show, hanging out in the Waves booth, when one of my favorite mixers and producers was showing us his mix of an up and coming band. Greg was running through the plugins on his mix buss when he showed how he was using multiband compression to make his mix jump out of the speakers.

The cool thing to me was how he used multiband compression – completely differently than I’ve used it in the past. Here’s what he did and how you can use it to get instant energy in your mix!

http://therecordingrevolution.com/20...-energy-video/