Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 AM

Default Busses Changing Levels When Reopening After Saving Mix

Why are the levels of my busses /auxes changing after I save a mix and reopen in in Protools?

I have a TDM Mix Plus System. When I mix I use busses.

Another strange thing that happenes is: Mix sounds fine, I Bounce To Disc and the mix is differrent when BTD file is played back, sounds
like the same thing thats happening when the buss/aux volumes change.

Alot of time has been wasted finishing up mixes only to have it changed after I reopen
Does anyone know what is happening and how I can stop this?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Busses Changing Levels When Reopening After Saving Mix

Is there anybody...out there. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:39 PM

start a support ticket i would guess.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Maybe try trashing the prefs and data bases

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 AM

Hey Fullsound, thanks... I tried the trashing stuff and also tried creating a new user in XP which did not solve the problem. I have 2 similar systems and on the other Mix Plus system Im having the same buss changing level problems. I have both systems side by side and im trying to get them to stop, so I can get back to making music. Just now I was testing, I brought up a mix, it sounded ok. I then created a stereo aux(nothin else), As soon as I hit play again my drum sub/aux was super loud, and you can see the increase on the sub meter also. This is getting pretty frustrating here.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 AM

does this happen if you do the same thing, but with groups suspended?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Hey Gravyblue, I checked the suspend all group and gave it a try but no luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
Hey Fullsound, thanks... I tried the trashing stuff and also tried creating a new user in XP which did not solve the problem. I have 2 similar systems and on the other Mix Plus system Im having the same buss changing level problems. I have both systems side by side and im trying to get them to stop, so I can get back to making music. Just now I was testing, I brought up a mix, it sounded ok. I then created a stereo aux(nothin else), As soon as I hit play again my drum sub/aux was super loud, and you can see the increase on the sub meter also. This is getting pretty frustrating here.
Did this suddenly happen on both systems or has it always been like that? If it's suddenly happened on both systems, I don't think it will be too hard to figure out what the culprit is (most likely something you installed, updates, etc.)
Old 01-11-2010, 12:33 PM

It started on one and then when I started setting up some buss compression Auxes for my mixes it started on the other. It doesnt happen on every session but every session pretty much has a similar layout/plugins etc.

I dont understand how an install/update can affect buss levels just by creating another buss. Am I using too many auxes? On one session I setup a virtual 8 stereo buss/AUX console and noticed that the volume changed ALOT depending on which buss/ aux i had it assigned to. WTF. I thought it might have been my inteface cables and even the interfaces -till i swapped everything out and it still did it.

Both are 6.4.1 tdm Mix plus on a P4 PC/Asus p4p800-E Deluxe-mb/2gb ram/a raptor 74 gb system drive,i have a separate sata drive for my PT sessions and I have Adat bridges and 888 24's
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 PM

Hi,
I use Mix plus, PT 6.4 on a Mac. I have had this level issue happen when running a session with the faders at +12 rather than +6. One of the CS updates was supposed to fix this, and it has helped, but I try and stick to +6 when I can just to be sure. :)
I've also seen the master fader level come out 6dB lower than it should in this situation?