Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-14-2019, 02:50 PM

Default Assigning channels in PT control

Hi,

Is there a way for PT Control to remain locked to one channel in the Channel View?

I work mostly by mouse and keyboard which is fine for me, and would like to keep PT control showing my 2 bus inserts? Expected behaviour is for PT Control to follow whatever I select on my computer, is there a way to disable this? I know this works on physical control surfaces on the assign tab of the EUCON settings but I can't seem to get it to work on my Ipad.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Assigning channels in PT control

You can't do it like layouts (as that only applies to the physical fader units)

You could use the gear on the Control App to turn off "App banks DAW" and then in Pro Tools on the Preferences > Mixing > Controllers section turn off all "Follows" options. Then in Eucontrol > General, turn off Auto-Bank to Selected Track.
That should make the Control App operate independently.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM

Killer! Thanks!!
Old 08-15-2019, 12:27 AM

Hey BScout, didn't work as intended, well sort of...

After following your instructions PT CONTROL is still mirroring whatever I select on PT (2018.7 btw) on the Channel View.

The only way I could get it to keep focused on the same track was by disabling "Attention Most Recently Selected Track (Legacy)" and "Select Most Recently Attentioned Track" on Eucontrol settings.

This is almost what I need, except I cannot attention any other track within PT Control once these options are unticked. I thought I could move around using the select function on the Tracks view but it doesn't work once these options are disabled.

It is worth mentioning that whenever I load up a session in PT, PT CONTROL will not load up any the parameters in the channel view unless these options in EUCONTROL are enabled.

As a workaround I can start the session with both options on, select and atention my master fader then disable them and get to work but it isn't really ideal, I was hoping for something in a set and forget fashion.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!