Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Default Remap midi controllers?

I am trying to find a way to remap MIDI cc7 to cc11 -- on the fly.

The situation:

Some (many) VIs respond to cc11 (expression) independent of master volume. This is correct. There was a thread over at Northernsounds that I was involved with, and the "composer types" who use some VIs really have no respect for bus level and good engineering techniques...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...-output-levels

but that's besides the point... my issue is Kontakt and some other VIs do not respond to cc11 unless you manually map each patch -- and I really don't want to go back and forth between setting my volume pedal to cc1 vs. cc7 depending on the sound I am playing --

ADDITIONALLY, in protools, navigating from note/velocity/volume in the edit page is as simple as "control-command-right or left arrow" -- but to get to cc11, it's a hike...

So what do you guys do here?

DO YOU USE cc11? How do you differentiate between cc7 and cc11? How do you effortlessly edit cc1 without navigating there? What am I missing?

In logic, the "transformer?" tool could solve some of this? But I am using ProToolsHD. What's the better workflow for expression (midi volume) when you want to constrain the max output level of the plug to a normal 0vu = +4 dBu = -18 dBFS ?? Spectrasonics wants me to use cc11 for expression. But in Kontakt, I can't without remapping EVERY SINGLE patch.

What are you guys doing?

Thx

J
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Remap midi controllers?

I haven't tried this product but it looks powerful.

"...Another way to use the product is for MIDI control remapping and transform: assign an input parameter a given MIDI CC, and assign the associated output parameter to another MIDI CC with different response curve parameters: the plug-in will remap the controller to the new CC and channel with a new response curve."

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products...RemoteControl/

RTAS demo is available.

Busch.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyroberts View Post

ADDITIONALLY, in protools, navigating from note/velocity/volume in the edit page is as simple as "control-command-right or left arrow" -- but to get to cc11, it's a hike...

So what do you guys do here?

DO YOU USE cc11? How do you differentiate between cc7 and cc11? How do you effortlessly edit cc1 without navigating there? What am I missing?
I added CC11 to the controllers "sub-menu".
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/427719/PT-Controllers.pdf
It's available then with ctrl/cmd/arrow.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 PM

any new solutions? I have the same issue in PT w/ Kontakt, Omnisphere, Wavestation, etc.

Actually, the Korg Wavestation VI doesn't seem to respond to volume (7) or expression (11) so i'm trying to figure out a way to control the PT fader for the instrument channel w/ my expression pedal. Any ideas?