Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Default Alicia's Keys

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/.../alicias-keys/

Anyone try this Library out yet???

Any thoughts? Buy, Take or leave, Don't bother???

The demos sound OK but would like a users thoughts!!!!

Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Alicia's Keys

There's been some discussion on Gearslutz, and even a small shootout vs. Ivory. In general, it seems people are liking it, especially for the price. I would read up on it over there.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 AM

Wow a lot of Info over there

Even Mr. Scarbee posts about it!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 PM

This video is what did it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFr4...eature=channel

This is simply stunning for the $99 price tag. I was gonna wait but after seeing this video I purchased it today.
PT Mpowered 8.04, Logic 9.1.1
Waves SSL,Omnisphere,Korg Legacy Digital
Absynth 4, EZ Drummer
Project Mix I/O w/ Black Lion Mod
Axiom 61,25, Korg Nano Pad
Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflash View Post
This is simply stunning for the $99 price tag.
Yep.

All the first 5 presets sounded the same to me though... That's as far as I got.

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:32 AM

I just finally had a free moment yesterday to try this out..... it's definitely NOT a "one size fits all" sort of piano like Ivory or the DPro from Garritan, however it is certainly good library to have. This particular piano that was recorded was her specific Yamaha piano that has a darker tone. It's strange because if I didn't know any better, I'd think I was playing a Kawai piano---not a Yamaha. I don't think that it's going to be better than Ivory, but I will say it's a good compliment to have. I think it's only what, $99??? Why not---that's my view of it. It's very good actually, but this isn't going to set the world on fire as being the best piano sample ever made.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
...this isn't going to set the world on fire as being the best piano sample ever made.
Factor in the $99 (list) price and it just might.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM

About the price, it ends up being about the same as Ivory if Ivory were split up. Ivory comes with 3 pianos for $320. Alicia's keys is $99 for one. Works out to about the same (per piano).

This got me thinking that maybe Ivory should sell their pianos individually, that would be a nice option.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
About the price, it ends up being about the same as Ivory if Ivory were split up. Ivory comes with 3 pianos for $320. Alicia's keys is $99 for one. Works out to about the same (per piano).

This got me thinking that maybe Ivory should sell their pianos individually, that would be a nice option.
They do, sort of. Italian Grand is separate. Upright Pianos is separate. They all integrate into the same package.

The three which come standard are, literally, standards in the industry. With a Bosie, Steinway and Yamaha you can cover almost every base. They aren't perfect for every situation, but it's a VERY broad range.

I'm particularly excited about a few people's comments about the treble of AK piano. Supposedly it faithfully covers the fullness of the higher register of this piano. One thing that almost every piano sampler is guilty of is a thin upper register.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM

Having bought this and finally used it in a large session today, I can say without hesitation that this is an excellent piano. Better than anything in Ivory, and I'm an Ivory fan. The string and soundboard resonance and sus pedal noise adds a level or realism that nothing else has currently.

The top octaves sound like a real piano. FINALLY! No one was able to get that right for some strange reason. AK piano has it. Not brittle and thin like most pno libraries.

I'd heard that Alicia used this piano for her latest album and though phhhffftt... that's ridiculous when you can use the real thing. After today I understand how she'd be genuinely willing to use the plugin. It's really, REALLY good. Scarbee has scored another hit. One of many.