Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Default Re: In what area is Pro Tools REALLY lacking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Hahahaha...... does it come in 64 bit

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
MIDI and VI performance.

Shane
Yep! I don't think they'll ever get it right. Composers are not high on their priority list.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benniesims View Post
Native protools only has 32 I/O! I can use every daw in my studio and use all of 84/90 I/O. Protools Native 32!!! REALLY!!! I'm done.
I'm curious, what are you recording that you need more than 32 inputs?
Old 02-09-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey View Post
In addition to many great things mentioned, I would love:
The ability to assign sends, plugins, and outputs to a group of selected tracks, but not all tracks. I hate adding a reverb send one track at a time, but rarely want it applied to all tracks. My workaround right now is to select and show only selected tracks, then add the send to all visible (option while adding send), then show all tracks again, but that's not efficient.
You can already do this-

select all tracks you want to add the new send too, then hold shift+opt before you click in the send/plugin/ouput box. Once you make the assignment it will add it to all selected tracks.

Shift+opt in PT equals "do to all selected". Works for mutes, solos, IO, sends, buss assignments, plugins etc.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:52 AM

If you ACTUALLY NEED 32 inputs why did you buy PT NAtive anyway? didnt you read? or do any research? good lord if i had sessions needing to record MORE than 32 inputs at once Id be WAYYY ahead of the curve instead of whining about something i should known about before buying......would you buy a 16 track tapemachine and then whine to Studer that it couldnt record 24 tracks??? no one ever promised you anything more than what you bought
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 AM

you should call SSL and whine that the G series you bought can only use 32 busses at once, and cant be upgraded.....
Old 02-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Reading the last few comments, I think you're all missing an important point here. Maybe you won't be recording 32 tracks at the same time, but the thing is you just won't get access to physical input number #33, and above, which you may need. There's no way. This is a very realistic situation, e.g with ADAT capable interfaces where the total number of inputs can easily exceed 32.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Reading the last few comments, I think you're all missing an important point here. Maybe you won't be recording 32 tracks at the same time, but the thing is you just won't get access to physical input number #33, and above, which you may need. There's no way. This is a very realistic situation, e.g with ADAT capable interfaces where the total number of inputs can easily exceed 32.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
actually that is my issue with the 32 I/O limit. I wish they could set it to up to 32 not just the first 32.... still not enough for me to really find the energy to whine about it like the world of DAW's in Avid land is collapsing. the reality is although I'd love to have the ability...... but would in all reality very rarely if ever need it. unless I get into the business of recording orchestra's
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 02-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
actually that is my issue with the 32 I/O limit. I wish they could set it to up to 32 not just the first 32.... still not enough for me to really find the energy to whine about it like the world of DAW's in Avid land is collapsing. the reality is although I'd love to have the ability...... but would in all reality very rarely if ever need it. unless I get into the business of recording orchestra's
And after reading Al Schmitt on the record i now know far fewer that 32 inputs are needed to record an 84 piece orchestra with choir! No one likes to have arbitrary limits handed to them, so even if they aren't needed, it's a very human knee jerk reaction to object to it. Reality is that with very little planning, limited inputs should not be a tragedy. My opinion on what is lacking: i would agree with the comment about the Midi+Audio workflow that Studio Vision Pro had created before they were shut down, and i'm actually kind of surprised that Gibson never sold the rights to the software/coding to someone, especially since they never used it for anything. I would like also to see AVID updating their hardware/interface paradigm to take advantage of modern data transfer codecs and lastly, i would like to see some sort of open dialog between Avid and both controller builders and Plugin dev's to allow for some sort of universal code to make using plugins less mousing and more control surface friendly.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
... i would like to see some sort of open dialog between Avid and both controller builders and Plugin dev's to allow for some sort of universal code to make using plugins less mousing and more control surface friendly.
Hear Hear !!!

The plugins on Raven MTi2’s are not great! Some devs have done a good job like Slate Digital of course but many plugin developers are a long way behind and it is pretty hard to make adjustments to some plugins from touch screens.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————