Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Need to use only Digi002 w/Mountain Lion

Interesting that it shows up in system prefs>sound and in audio-midi setup. But I think that might be because they see the driver.

That the 1394 light isn't lit and the Core Audio driver doesn't see the device... I wonder if there's something messed up with your Firewire bus.

Is there another device on your Firewire bus upstream of (before) the 002R that is powered down? I ask because I have an external disc burner that is downstream (after) my Digi002, and a few times I couldn't figure out why the disc burner wasn't showing up. The Digi002 was not powered up and wasn't allowing Firewire to reach the disc burner.

So check to see if another device on the Firewire bus is powered down.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harrison View Post
Interesting that it shows up in system prefs>sound and in audio-midi setup. But I think that might be because they see the driver.

That the 1394 light isn't lit and the Core Audio driver doesn't see the device... I wonder if there's something messed up with your Firewire bus.

Is there another device on your Firewire bus upstream of (before) the 002R that is powered down? I ask because I have an external disc burner that is downstream (after) my Digi002, and a few times I couldn't figure out why the disc burner wasn't showing up. The Digi002 was not powered up and wasn't allowing Firewire to reach the disc burner.

So check to see if another device on the Firewire bus is powered down.
nothing else is connected to my firewire, just the 002r. yea i dont have any ideas as to why it wont work. the only other thing is that its the cable but i only have 1 firewire cable. im going to ask a buddy at work if i can borrow his and try that. if you have any other ideas that would be great, otherwise thanks for the help. ill report back after i try another cable.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM

ok, has anyone used a firewire 800 to 400 cable to get the 002 to work? i tried using that cable on my windows machine and it wont work, but a firewire 400 to 400 will. i havent tried a different 800 to 400 yet cuz i cant get one. just curious to see if it worked for anyone else....