Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Default PT 8.1.1 Default Output Bug Still Not Fixed

After hearing on this board from the Avid Support people that they had logged the bug to be fixed, I have been patiently awaiting an update. Today 8.1.1 is released and a whole host of bugs have apparently been solved, but not this one.

Once again. Set your default output (mono and stereo) to a stereo bus instead of an actual output and every time you open your session it will go back to the output instead of the bus you set it to. I am constantly checking every single track before printing to ensure that everything is routed correctly. Too often, especially in a large session, a track or two is not routed correctly and not only do you have to route it properly but since it's now going through your 2-bus chain you also have to go back and remix it.

Really annoying and something we really shouldn't have to deal with. Avid, please get this fixed asap.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Default Re: PT 8.1.1 Default Output Bug Still Not Fixed

+10000000000. What the F__k! How hard could it be to fix something as simple as this! There's got to be someone on the team that has a grasp of the balance between available time and resources and simple user base needs that are, in fact, easy fixes. We've been talking about this one for quite some time now.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
+10000000000. What the F__k! How hard could it be to fix something as simple as this! There's got to be someone on the team that has a grasp of the balance between available time and resources and simple user base needs that are, in fact, easy fixes. We've been talking about this one for quite some time now.
If it's so simple, why not write a fix for it yourself?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
If it's so simple, why not write a fix for it yourself?
You're so helpful. Thank you so much, I never thought of that.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 PM

While it's not a proper fix, I have found that if you put your desired "default output track" at the top of your bus list it becomes the default track for any newly created tracks.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:46 PM

That's absolute genius my friend. Thanks so much for thinking of that and then posting it here! I just tried it and it works perfectly. Avid should send you a bonus check!

Never mind the fact that it makes total sense that this would work and that it points to the fact that it's probably none too complicated to actually fix the problem in the first place.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod77 View Post
While it's not a proper fix, I have found that if you put your desired "default output track" at the top of your bus list it becomes the default track for any newly created tracks.
Do you mean, in the I/O setup under busses, if I want my default to be physical output 1/2, to put that at the top of that window?

For the record, their attention is clearly focused on PT9, therefore, we should spend money and upgrade.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM

Yes, that is what bod77 said. You have to do it for each individual session but it will stick with each session from there on out.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:41 AM

I'm talking about having my default output be a stereo aux, not a physical output. That's the whole problem. It already defaults to the physical stereo output. I want it to retain the stereo aux track I set as my default output.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM

It will. That's what I do too Have you tried it?