Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2008, 01:42 AM

Default WTF? Digi won\'t let me return unopened HD3! *DELETED*

Post deleted by VicksburgStudio
Old 01-12-2008, 01:50 AM

Default Re: WTF? Digi won\'t let me return unopened HD3!

oh and I even offered to take an exchange for credit towards a c-control and they said no to that.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:58 AM

Did you put at least part of the purchase on a credit card? I would try to file a dispute if you did. Also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about both Digi and GC.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 AM

Is the receipt marked "final sale" or anything?

Honestly, I've never had GC not take anything back.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 AM

This sounds a little strange to me. I just bought a C24 from Guitar Center and they told me I had 30 days to check it out and return it for full refund if there were any issues. GC has had a thirty day return policy for some time now. Did you hold on to the HD3 system more than thirty days? If so then I understand them not taking it back. If the purchase was made within thirty days then you might have legal recourse.

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com
Old 01-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Yeah agree with the above post - how long between your purchase and attempted return? That would make all the difference to whether or not you have a good case.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:55 AM

If it was within 30 days I would bet the employee was doing whatever he could to keep it out the door because he wanted the commission.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 AM

The salesman at guitar center is a good friend of mine. This was part of a $50k ticket from guitar center... Then we spent another $50k with guitar center. My business partner and I have always been happy with guitar center's service. We had a guitar that we bought that snapped the neck on the way back and GC replaced it that day. I've returned and exchanged so many things with my buddy there.

I tried to return it within the 30 day period at first. My GC buddy said that we couldn't go through GC to return, it was a digi policy. So, I called digidesign... Took me 45 minutes to get someone on the phone. They told me I was correct that I could only return through digidesign. They put me in touch with someone else. I can't remember who it was...But I called them... Took them a week to call me back. Then this person told me I needed to get a hold of someone else. She was very nice, but took over a week to give me a call back.

Finally I get in touch. I explain my situation and she tells me it's no problem that I she would get in touch with the rep at GC and authorize the return. I wait a few days, no one ever call my buddy at GC. He calls and she doesn't return his call. A few days later, I finally get a call from some guy at digidesign; Evidentially a local sales rep. I tell him my long winded story and how I was waiting for digi to call my GC guy to authorize the return. He said I couldn't return it and I am best off just selling it on eBay. That was the end of it.

I was pretty pissed. This was over a month ago now. I just wrote it off for a while. I was too pissed to do anything. So, now I have the unopened HD3 in my closest gathering dust. And this is my final attempt to try to solve this problem before I do have to send this to ebay and lose a lot of money.

I don't blame this on GC. They have always gone above and beyond for me and the studio. But in this instance they wanted to do something but couldn't because of Digi rules. I don't see what the big deal for digidesign is. All they would have to do is take it back and re-sell it. It's brand new unopened for god's sake. I just don't get it.

Digi has pissed me off a few times during my 7 year tenure with them, but never this bad... Really makes me want to get rid of all my digidesign products.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM

Come on Digidesign, we know you monitor these threads all the time. If you don't chime in and let ALL of us know what you are going to do to rectify this situation, then that will be a clear message to all of us. We all want/NEED to know what you are going to do. This should be public knowledge. If you are the company you say you are, you are going to fix this, and do it publicly. This will be a statement to the integrity of your corporation. In my mind, your future lies on how you handle this.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM

I am also going to repost this over at gearslutz as well. The world needs to know what's going on here.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp