Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Default Auto Created Regions.. I NEED MAJOR HELP PLEASE!

I have a question I hope u can help me answer. When I open a specific session in pro-tools I get this pop-up message immediately that says --->

((("You are currently not displaying auto-created regions in the region list. However, through editing, a large number of these auto-created regions have accumulated in the background.

Large numbers of regions tend to slow down pro-tools editing and save operations. If you are not using these auto-created regions, you should delete them in order to keep Pro-Tools as responsive as possible.

Would you like to delete all unused auto-created regions now?")))

Now usually when this happens it would allow me to click the cancel or delete option on the pop up message box and then I would go and select all unused regions and then delete them, but for some reason it won't allow me to click on any menu option in pro tools! lf I select cancel or delete on the pop-up message that's up, it freezes and goes into that color ball that keeps spinning! I tried waiting for over 3hrs and it's still frozen. I also tried restarting my cpu going straight into the sessions audio files and deleting some that i wasn't using but that didn't even work! I also tried opening the session multiple times and every time it freezes! What should I do?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Auto Created Regions.. I NEED MAJOR HELP PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoolsproducerinneed View Post
I have a question I hope u can help me answer. When I open a specific session in pro-tools I get this pop-up message immediately that says --->

((("You are currently not displaying auto-created regions in the region list. However, through editing, a large number of these auto-created regions have accumulated in the background.

Large numbers of regions tend to slow down pro-tools editing and save operations. If you are not using these auto-created regions, you should delete them in order to keep Pro-Tools as responsive as possible.

Would you like to delete all unused auto-created regions now?")))

Now usually when this happens it would allow me to click the cancel or delete option on the pop up message box and then I would go and select all unused regions and then delete them, but for some reason it won't allow me to click on any menu option in pro tools! lf I select cancel or delete on the pop-up message that's up, it freezes and goes into that color ball that keeps spinning! I tried waiting for over 3hrs and it's still frozen. I also tried restarting my cpu going straight into the sessions audio files and deleting some that i wasn't using but that didn't even work! I also tried opening the session multiple times and every time it freezes! What should I do?

Hi,

Create a new session and use import session data to import all the tracks into a new session! this should get you up and running again.

under preferences editing do you have selected "separate region" operates on all related takes

This will create loads of extra regions.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.