Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Marsdy Marsdy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,834
Default V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Is there a list of all the new EUCON and Surface commands in 2.2?

The nearest I can find is page 11 of the 2.2 What's New Guide.
__________________
Dave Marsden
UK
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Surface Commands:

Monitoring: Dim, Cut, Mains/Alt1/Alt2, Individual Speaker Cuts, Folddowns, Talkback engage, Control Room Source Selection plus selection of intercancel vs Sum...

Banking: Bank Home, Bank End, Bank Left, Bank Right, Nudge Left, Nudge Right

Layouts: Bank Home, Bank End, Bank Left, Bank Right, Nudge Left, Nudge Right

Spill Zone Left & Right - same functions as above.

Titles: Recall individual Channel Layouts and Post Layouts

Surface Options: User Prefs for Strips, Knobs, Soft Keys, Brightness, GPIO

Workstation Options: KVM, Plug-in Windows, etc.

Display Mode Options: Automation display, Reverse

Attention track & Track Selector Options

Monitoring Options: Auto Talkback, Speaker Labeling, etc.

Hope this helps,



Jeff
__________________
Jeff Komar
Applications Specialist, Pro Audio
Avid
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Marsdy Marsdy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Many thanks Jeff. So they're all "Surface" commands? (No new EUCON commands.)
__________________
Dave Marsden
UK
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2016, 08:02 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

The new appset for 2.2 references some existing clip functions which were not previously used but we're already in EUCON: loop, lock, mute.. Obviously all the rendered workflows have been added to EUCON: track bounce, freeze, commit...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Jeff Komar
Applications Specialist, Pro Audio
Avid
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Marsdy Marsdy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
The new appset for 2.2 references some existing clip functions which were not previously used but we're already in EUCON: loop, lock, mute.. Obviously all the rendered workflows have been added to EUCON: track bounce, freeze, commit...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah thanks Jeff I've got all those! (Weren't the render workflows in 2.1? Not that it matters. I've got them in my appset.)
__________________
Dave Marsden
UK
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 PM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

2.1 had Bounce & Commit but not Freeze to be specific. 2.2 obviously adds all of the color coding to the headers of the Soft Key quadrants which is quite helpful I believe.

The Workflow page now also has Halve & Double Selection on the SHIFT layer of the Move Selection Back and Forward keys.

Numeric navigation jumps:

SHIFT "." = Monitoring
SHIFT "enter" = Zone Banking

That represents the majority of the changes specific to 2.2.



Jeff
__________________
Jeff Komar
Applications Specialist, Pro Audio
Avid
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Marsdy Marsdy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
2.1 had Bounce & Commit but not Freeze to be specific. 2.2 obviously adds all of the color coding to the headers of the Soft Key quadrants which is quite helpful I believe.

The Workflow page now also has Halve & Double Selection on the SHIFT layer of the Move Selection Back and Forward keys.

Numeric navigation jumps:

SHIFT "." = Monitoring
SHIFT "enter" = Zone Banking

That represents the majority of the changes specific to 2.2.

Jeff
Yeah I've been colour coding the headers! I agree... Very useful. Red for automation etc. What I haven't managed to do is colour code the background of unused softkeys on the bottom row of each softkey pane. It's just a cosmetic/OCD thing but I managed to do it with my appset in 2.1. When I load my appset in 2.2, I just get a generic black background. It's no big deal, just an aesthetic thing.

SHIFT "." = Monitoring
SHIFT "enter" = Zone Banking
I'm going to copy these into my appset.

Dave
__________________
Dave Marsden
UK
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Juan Garcia Juan Garcia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mexico
Posts: 54
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Yeah I've been colour coding the headers! I agree... Very useful. Red for automation etc. What I haven't managed to do is colour code the background of unused softkeys on the bottom row of each softkey pane. It's just a cosmetic/OCD thing but I managed to do it with my appset in 2.1. When I load my appset in 2.2, I just get a generic black background. It's no big deal, just an aesthetic thing.

SHIFT "." = Monitoring
SHIFT "enter" = Zone Banking
I'm going to copy these into my appset.

Dave
Shift "." will become really useful. I'd love to be able to maintain soft keys' color coding with my own appset too.

Thanks,
J.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2016, 05:53 PM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,736
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Everything you see in the factory Appset was made using the Master Module Editor you have, so if you see a background you want, look at the factory Appset and see how it was done from there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2016, 01:23 AM
Marsdy Marsdy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: V2.2 new EUCON commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Everything you see in the factory Appset was made using the Master Module Editor you have, so if you see a background you want, look at the factory Appset and see how it was done from there.
I meant unused softkeys on the bottom row that don't have a funcction assigned to them. However, after working on my Appset yesterday, there aren't any left!!!!
__________________
Dave Marsden
UK
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EuCon Commands missing from Editor! TimNielsen Artist Series 9 10-27-2016 06:36 AM
EUCon commands list? fork-media Artist Series 0 03-26-2016 07:07 AM
Eucon Commands with other Hardware kava Artist Series 3 12-23-2015 04:29 AM
Can I use a maco with 2 eucon commands? Brandonx1 Artist Series 3 04-07-2012 07:54 PM
Eucon commands not stackable? robertg Artist Series 5 12-15-2011 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com