Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM

Default New owner and need some help

Hi!
Just received my eleven rack
I've plugged my guitar into the eleven, and to the amp,
Then I tested the sound... and it's seems the amp simulation doesn't work, when I turn the knobs below the screen, nothing changes, all the presets are clean sound except when there is a distortion before the amp (the effects, chorus, delays... are working)!
I've done nothing with the computer and eleven rack yet, just the guitar, the eleven rack and the amp.
Am I stupid... or is there something wrong?
Please any suggestion would help!

I've find the answer : Into the user option, outputs to amp and rig output
But this is surely in this mode with the default setting, isn't it? (just to know if my "new" eleven rack has been used before me)

Last edited by AlexDinn; 06-05-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 AM

Default Re: New owner and need some help

Doubtful it was used other than tested before it was shipped, if you bought it new.

That is the way they are shipped. The idea for this unit is to function as a ProTools interface, so it is shipped set up that way.

Honestly, read the manual. It is surprisingly well written and extremely helpful.

Welcome, by the way.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Is the amp simulation really suppose to work when the rack is output to an amp? I dont think so, but i've actually never tested..
If you're using it with an amp only the effects should work. If you want amp simulation then you need to connect the rack to something else using the main outputs on the back, s/pdif or phones..
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM

to Gjermundsen : It works now, my amp is a "transistor-combo", with all parameters in the middle, it doesn't really affect the signal it receives, so I can use it with the amp and cab simulation.

to Cowboy Bob : I ordered it to a on-line shop, where there is the possibility to send back the material within some days. It's checked by the shop, if everything is Ok, they give you the money back. I think I've received one of those... Of course I checked : the pro tools i lock and co was under is original wrapping, and everything else seems allright.

Thanks for you responses

Last edited by AlexDinn; 06-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 AM

definitely read that manual!its free! :)